quidco results to 31/7/2011

Bruce
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: quidco results to 31/7/2011

Post by Bruce » Tue Apr 17 2012 9:57am

richard@imutual wrote:But on the cashback front too, you increasingly see complaints about reliability and lack of response from the big sites - who actually did a fantastic job of that, originally, and it's how they established their success, not just by offering the best rates.
I find this very important. I'd rather had £50 cashback, than spend a year chasing a claim for £60 cashback, as an example.

Recently, I've got into affiliate marketing myself. My family/friends have used my site but a few transactions didn't track, so I've gone through the claims process with three merchants. One approved my claim within 4 days, the other two took about a two months each. On another cashback website, I've been waiting 9 months for resolution of a claim from the company who responded to me directly in 4 days.

On the site that makes promises, I still have a pending claim from March 2011. They also increased the minimum payout to £25 without warning, so I am unable to access the £15 of cashback due to me, without risking another £10.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 17 2012 10:42am

I have/had what I feel is a valid claim on TopCoshBabes for 2 years
After several inquerys
they said that they couuldn't get any response from the merchant
and suggested the best thing todo was close it :evil:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Squire

Post by Squire » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:07am

I agree about the negative bit needs to be positive to let us ALL succeed.

As to "Potential 5.00 profit that Richard wouldnt allow I-Mutual members to have ", I am sure that it is the MERCHANT that FORBIDS the payment to most affiliates, unless they have the clout of Quidco and have special dispensation.

Often the merchants have an affiliate payment rate for non cashback sites and a lesser amount for cashback sites. Obviously in some cases Quidco "twists the merchant's arm" and gets preferential treatment not afforded to the rest of us.

As a 100% cashback site, I am sure Richard does not engage in deception and take hidden profits from deals he "wouldnt allow I-Mutual members to have".

Not knocking CBL as such, it is useful to have a "devil's advocate".

At which point negative behaviour towards a site or an individual becomes covered by the Harrassment Laws of the UK, is another matter.

A lot of sites like swagbucks, irazoo, zoombucks, and so on, would not tolerate such anti-site behaviour, nor the mention of rival sites, so it is to imutual's credit that they do not delete the post and the member's account. Yet.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:18am

Think it's standard pratice for Most sites not to allow talk about competitors
same way as if you went into tesco and told everyone it was better at ASDA, they wouldn't allow it.
Rpoints and CBK were sites own by the same company but you would/did get band if you mention CBK on Rpoints forums :?:
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:25am

The "denying £5 profit" was a reference to this thread about xbingo
5.00 fee is worth it when Quidco have offers which no other site can get
I agree with that. I would never claim that people are better off just using imutual for all transactions. For those who want to save the most money, it makes sense to join all the top sites and shop around - including imutual :)

BUT those who believe that the top sites are here to stay and nothing will change are ignoring the history of virtually every corner of the internet industry. Just take incentive sites; it used to be dominated by ipoints. Then greasypalm and rpoints came along. Then quidco (proclaiming itself to be the "cashback cooperative"), Then tcb. From their accounts we see that the latter two are making millions of pounds from cashback users, and yet some people think it's "game over" and there is no opportunity for a new site to do something different again? I think they are mistaken
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

moi

Post by moi » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:45am

richard@imutual wrote:Then tcb. From their accounts we see that the latter two are making millions of pounds from cashback users
I'm taking the Quidco on a slight tangent, but maybe times are tough at TCB... :shock: I've just seen they now make you tick a box saying you'll leave the staff a tip each time you request a payment.
No Tip 20p 50p £1 £2 £5

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:52am

I know. Unbelievable........

Oh. Michelle has just told me she thinks it's a great idea :shock:
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:55am

richard@imutual wrote:I know. Unbelievable........

Unbelievable but probably very popular. I reckon loads of people will leave a tip as they see it as a free service.

If 1000 people leave just 50p each, that's an extra £500 in the coffers. Not a huge amount compared to their profits, but pays for the bubbly at the office Christmas party!

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Apr 18 2012 9:59am

Bruce wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:I reckon loads of people will leave a tip as they see it as a free service.
Best to point them in the direction of the published accounts then ;)

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Wed Apr 18 2012 10:46am

Bruce wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:I know. Unbelievable........

Unbelievable but probably very popular. I reckon loads of people will leave a tip as they see it as a free service.

If 1000 people leave just 50p each, that's an extra £500 in the coffers. Not a huge amount compared to their profits, but pays for the bubbly at the office Christmas party!
They do say that it is divided amongst all their staff equally. Seems to me they could afford to pay a decent wage and not need to rely on tips.