xrppzi

Re: Signature policy?

Post by xrppzi » Sun May 20 2012 9:21am

Totally agree with Drahcir and sanity clause
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun May 20 2012 12:21pm

I love zulu's sig but what we need is a master class in baby language on how to put multiple ref links into one signature and then make it a rule that there can only be one ref link per signature.

I have seen "make money at these sites" type sigs and when you click on the link you go to another page and see the list of ref links etc.

But no idea how to do them. sigh

Actually I think it is very easy to read the message and move on ignoring the sig.

My vote would be for one sig per person. Except in my case when I should be allowed one million sigs. :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Eurovisionfan

Post by Eurovisionfan » Sun May 20 2012 5:42pm

Goodness, I've only just noticed the post that I've got the "most extreme signature". Must confess that I'm not really very technical and have only just worked out how to use a signature, I think it's only been there for the last week or so! Notoriety already!!!!

I just thought it was a good idea to let people know about some sites that could earn other a bit of free money in these very hard times! Of course I can alter my signature if anyone wanted me to, but I'm not sure what harm it's doing!

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun May 20 2012 7:11pm

I am not techie either so would really appreciate a how to guide in very simple language on how to do a simple link that leads to another page where I could list everything. But I agree that no other site should be mentioned in the main link or even on the page the sig links to.

As for other sites I can really recommend ghtbthwgtiy and mowhytigae :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Eurovisionfan

Post by Eurovisionfan » Sun May 20 2012 7:21pm

Not seeing what the fuss is about, I googled (well tried to win some points with Swagbucks or Gifthulk, obviously) for "use an html link" and came across this:
http://www.quackit.com/html/codes/html_link_code.cfm

Basically, all you need to do is look at this:
<a href="http://www.mywebsite.co.uk">Have a look at my website</a> - you simply need to change the "mywebsite.co.uk" into whatever you want, then change "Have a look at my website" into any text you want.

When I said I wasn't technical, I'm really not joking, but I surprised myself by working out how to do this.

Not having a website which links everything together, I've just given fellow imutualers a few ways of earning a few extra pounds! I suppose I could start a blog and list everything on one page. However, someone would need to teach me how to start a blog!

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon May 21 2012 2:24am

Eurovisionfan wrote:Not having a website which links everything together, I've just given fellow imutualers a few ways of earning a few extra pounds! I suppose I could start a blog and list everything on one page. However, someone would need to teach me how to start a blog!
This is a website! Why not post here (as a topic instead of a signature)?

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon May 21 2012 6:50am

Eurovisionfan wrote: Not having a website which links everything together, I've just given fellow imutualers a few ways of earning a few extra pounds! I suppose I could start a blog and list everything on one page. However, someone would need to teach me how to start a blog!
People have used imutual as a blog before :thumbup:

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Mon May 21 2012 9:19am

So we could have a policy where the only links you put in your signature are to other parts of the imutual site. But such a link could be to a post that you've made yourself, which contains referral links to other sites. I don't think this would take away from the benefit of signatures and would have the following benefits:
- avoiding unnecessary repetition and clutter whilst reading posts
- deter spam
- encourage posting to the forum
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Mon May 21 2012 9:25am

richard@imutual wrote:So we could have a policy where the only links you put in your signature are to other parts of the imutual site. But such a link could be to a post that you've made yourself, which contains referral links to other sites. I don't think this would take away from the benefit of signatures and would have the following benefits:
- avoiding unnecessary repetition and clutter whilst reading posts
- deter spam
- encourage posting to the forum
Sounds good to me!