Preview of new design

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Preview of new design

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Nov 08 2012 1:40pm

Those who tuned in to our AGM webcast last night were forced to sit through ..... ahem, were treated to :) a sneak preview of the new website design we're working on

If you missed it, it can be viewed here on youtube

Let us have your comments and feedback :thumbup:

Squire

Re: Preview of new design

Post by Squire » Thu Nov 15 2012 7:50pm

1. Lose ANY reference to, or image of, piggy banks, because of what happened to most if us that had PigsBack accounts, that suddenly froze our "money" and made us use it on a new site based on Groupon functionality. With no chance to cash out before, and no say in the matter.

What I am saying is, you need to avoid any subconcious or even concious association being made in the minds of visitors, between imutual and sites that "let us all down".

2. The anthropromorphic blue "i" (taken from imutual name I guess) is nice. Make sure you TRADEMARK it.

I like the new ideas.

Well done, and thanks for all your efforts.

One thing, DO NOT LOSE THE DAILY DEALS, or at least, do not let them get lost in the new design.

They are what converted me from TopCashBack to imutual.
Thanked by: richard@imutual

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Nov 15 2012 8:47pm

Thanks I very much appreciate the feedback :thumbup:
Squire wrote:Lose ANY reference to, or image of, piggy banks, because of what happened to most if us that had PigsBack accounts
At this stage, the graphic design is pretty much fixed. Or at least it would add cost and delay if we were to change it. But if we get widespread negative feedback about any particular aspect then obviously I'd have to consider changing it

Would be interested to know what others think on the "piggy bank" point. It's a very common, generic icon used to indicate "saving"; would ex-pigsback users really make such an immediate, direct connection and draw a significantly-negative conclusion about imutual as a result? And what % of the population were active pigsback members at the time it 'changed'?
Thanked by: Squire

moi

Post by moi » Fri Nov 16 2012 9:01am

richard@imutual wrote: Would be interested to know what others think on the "piggy bank" point. It's a very common, generic icon used to indicate "saving"
Are we talking about the image of the little blue pig in a box?
If so, that blue piggy bank is nothing like Pigsback- they had a bright pink pig that was very much 'humanised'. I can't see how this is anything more than a moneybox.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Fri Nov 16 2012 9:33am

I think the new design and additional features look really good. The layout looks better being far less cluttered and the size, style of text looks appealing. The extra functions and the way these are accessed look like they are going to be really positive improvements.

Squire

Post by Squire » Fri Nov 16 2012 2:34pm

The piggy bank is not of great importance, and agreed it is not completely like the pigsback logo, but if you understand how the human mind works, as soon as casual visitors see the pig face, the brain will link to other information stored, one of which will be the negative association of stylised pig cartoons and a site that essentially went bankrupt and stuffed us all.

Of course, to Internet cashback virgins, who may not even have heard of pigsback, no problem.

Just as an (ex) Editor, I felt it needed pointing out.

I would have been failing in my "job" if I did not.