Christmas shopping: help yourself and your company

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Christmas shopping: help yourself and your company

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Nov 26 2012 11:51am

Today is so-called "Cyber Monday"; expected to be the busiest online shopping day of the year. And the next few weeks will generally see a peak in online purchasing, due to a combination of present buying and retailers offering tempting promotions. So here's a timely reminder of how you can make the most of your imutual membership at this time of year...

1. Remember to check for, and use, imutual's links to your chosen retailer whenever buying something online. We have cashback offers at over 3000 UK merchants, including most major "high street" names. There are no downsides whatsoever; you get the same deal as if you'd visited the merchant directly and just for taking a few seconds to use the link on imutual, you get free cashback, plus shares in our company too :)

2. There are some retailers that don't permit us to offer cashback, but we still receive a commission payment if you buy something from their site after using our links. Notable examples include Amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk. Please remember to use our links when visiting sites like these (bookmarking them makes sense!); the revenue raised helps to fund our free 100% cashback service and also benefits you indirectly, because you own shares in the company :)

3. It's a perfect time of year to tell friends, family, colleagues and other contacts about imutual. Whether they already use other cashback sites, or have never heard of them. And if they join using your tell-a-friend we add 100 shares to your account by way of a thank you :thumbup:

Happy shopping!
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

coz93

Re: Christmas shopping: help yourself and your company

Post by coz93 » Tue Nov 27 2012 8:51am

I never realised that by using non cashback sites such as Amazon and Ebay , it would benefit Imutual. These two are sites that I use most often so thanks for enlightening me.
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Nov 27 2012 9:54am

It helps Imutual if you make a purchase
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Nov 28 2012 10:57am

I have bought a couple of things (less than £30) via Amazon which I hope helps the site. But I used my gift certificates (earned from cash for action sites, more details on these at the sub forum of that name). Do these earn money for the site or does it have to be a cash transaction?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Nov 28 2012 11:57am

So long as imutual's link is the last one you use before adding items to your basket, the method of payment shouldn't matter

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Nov 28 2012 4:37pm

So... if I clic through from Imutual and buy Gift vouchers
AND
then clic bac throuigh again 2 spend them
Do we get paid twice :?: :shock:
Politically incorrect since 69

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Nov 28 2012 5:39pm

kevinchess1 wrote:So... if I clic through from Imutual and buy Gift vouchers
AND
Amazon does not pay any commission so the answer is No. Should have thought you could have worked that one out for yourself..
Thanked by: Kelantan

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Nov 28 2012 6:12pm

Drahcir wrote:Amazon does not pay any commission so the answer is No. Should have thought you could have worked that one out for yourself..
richard@imutual wrote:2. There are some retailers that don't permit us to offer cashback, but we still receive a commission payment if you buy something from their site after using our links. Notable examples include Amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk. Please remember to use our links when visiting sites like these (bookmarking them makes sense!); the revenue raised helps to fund our free 100% cashback service and also benefits you indirectly, because you own shares in the company :)
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Nov 28 2012 6:17pm

expressman33 wrote:
Drahcir wrote:Amazon does not pay any commission so the answer is No. Should have thought you could have worked that one out for yourself..
richard@imutual wrote:2. There are some retailers that don't permit us to offer cashback, but we still receive a commission payment if you buy something from their site after using our links. Notable examples include Amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk. Please remember to use our links when visiting sites like these (bookmarking them makes sense!); the revenue raised helps to fund our free 100% cashback service and also benefits you indirectly, because you own shares in the company :)
I missed the we (Give myself a slap on the wrist) Thought Kev was talking about personal cashback. So a grovelling apology is due to him as well.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Kelantan

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Thu Nov 29 2012 9:55am

kevinchess1 wrote:So... if I clic through from Imutual and buy Gift vouchers
AND
It's usually the spender who gets any benefit, not the buyer. When you buy Boots vouchers, you don't get any points, they go to whoever spends the vouchers. So I would assume that iMutual will only benefit from vouchers spent, not bought.
Thanked by: kevinchess1