Princess Raich

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
Luke_PieStalker

Re: Princess Raich

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Mon Jan 14 2013 12:04am

Kev could do the job for cameraman. Heard he has got a proper powerful model, long lens, also has night vision and camouflage.
Least thats what the police report said. Not sure the open crotch tuxedo he was wearing at the time would be apt for such a swanky do as yours though Raquel.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, xxxraichxxx

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Jan 14 2013 7:13am

Luke_PieStalker wrote: Not sure the open crotch tuxedo he was wearing at the time would be apt for such a swanky do as yours though Raquel.
I reckon it would fit right in :o
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 14 2013 8:14am

richard@imutual wrote:
xxxraichxxx wrote:Its going to be a small wedding (not booked it yet), just in a registry office and then posh restaurant afterwards with close family and friends
That's OK, we understand that you can't invite all imutual members. Kev, Mrs Y and myself will be very discreet and very much looking forward to it :twisted:
I have already bought my outfit. Now I just have to make sure the bridal party match up with my outfit :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Mel

Post by Mel » Mon Jan 14 2013 8:26am

Raich will be terrified of announcing where and when the wedding will be in case we all turn up in fancy dress with boxes of mites instead of confetti.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 14 2013 10:29am

My husband's niece had lived happily for years with the B/F. Then she went to her best friend's wedding. Mandy did not want to hit 30 and still be single so tied the knot with her long term B/F. The niece decided she did not want to be a single 30 year old either. Within a few weeks she had gone to the registry office with just her parents present. The outfit was the one she wore to my wedding some years earlier and the honeymoon was a day out with her parents. His Mother is a close friend of the bride's parents, he gets on with his siblings. But none of them were invited.

They could have waited and used the following year's holiday allowance for a proper honeymoon, after all she was only 29 and 6 weeks when she tied the knot.

So to my annoyance my husband ended up giving her an expensive 21st birthday present, an expensive first housewarming gift and an expensive wedding present. He was unable to work due to health problems and was acting as carer for his Mother. But all that money was spent. Our wedding present? Nice but far from the most expensive on the (optional) wedding present list. When the bride's Mum got married my husband spent a week's money on her present. Between them the sister in law and the niece (neither in low income households) spent under half the average wage for a week on our present. That did not bother me, but her attitude when Mother in law died really got up my nose. She got what the law stated, 50% of everything. But she still felt hard done by. Why? She did not spend a single hour caring for her Mother. I got a job that was far from ideal but allowed me to be there to help with the caring and ferry her to and from the doctor and hospital etc. I kept quiet but my husband made his views plain and he did not care "what they say" i.e. husband, daughter and son in law. Thankfully she could see she was in the wrong and backed down.

How different from another lady I used to know. She did not live with her Mum but visited her daily so she could live in her own house until she died. The will said the money and the house was to be divided equally by both daughters. The sister said, "you did the caring, you get the lot".
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 14 2013 3:20pm

xxxraichxxx wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that made me laugh.

All the photographers i am looking at online seem to do packages which include from getting ready - the ceremony - wedding breakfast- first dance e.t.c but they are between 600-1000 this seems very expensive, or have prices gone up nowadays?

Try checking the local press and yellow pages. But first decide what photos you want. Do you really want a video. Do get it straight in your head before the photographer tries to pressurise you into having the expensive package s/he wants to sell you.

If you want the getting ready photos fine, if you really do not want some idiot popping up when you are not looking your best i.e. in curlers, make up half done etc then say so and refuse to be talked into it.

In the end it is their business and the more snaps the more money they make. But it is your day.

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Mon Jan 14 2013 9:40pm

I dont want the getting ready photos, i just want the ceremony, photos outside afterwards (with no rain!!), some of the wedding breakfast, and cutting the cake :) I dont have photoshop and wouldnt know what to do on it anyway :lol: I do like the look of them black and white photos with all the special effects etc and the ones where the whole picture is black and white and then one object e.g. the bouquet is in colour they look really good.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jan 15 2013 10:57am

Anyone who is half way decent with photoshop can do that. A professional photographer is best because they can suggest shots and angles the amateur does not think of.

But have a list of what you want and then shop around. Do not be browbeaten into having what they want rather than what you want. If they are happy to do what you want without pushing other photos etc then they are the one to go for.

Always to to them, if they come to you it can be harder to get rid of them. lol
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jan 15 2013 11:10am

Think carefully before settling for the registry office. Check it out, how nice is the room, the outside of the building etc.

A hotel or some other place might suit you better.

A couple of hotels locally host weddings, and they are on the seafront. A setting that can add to your photos.

Personally I am pleased that it is now possible to marry in places other than a place of worship or a, sometimes, dreary, registry office. Ours has moved but it used to be a wooden hut and you could end up in close proximity with people registering births or deaths. The latter was so unfair on both sets of people. Now it is in a nice building with plenty of room. But locals used to be trapped between the local church although they had no religious beliefs or somewhere not very nice. So much better now people have more choice.

A hotel or similar also has the advantage of the wedding and reception in one building.

All I want is for you to have the wedding of your dreams so I promise not to do any rain dances near the big day. :lol:

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Tue Jan 15 2013 10:02pm

We are going to look at two hotels this week so hopefully we can make a decision soon and then set a date.

Its not just your raindances its Kevs singing too :shh: