Princess Raich

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
blythburgh

Re: Princess Raich

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 17 2013 3:26pm

Sounds nice, our friend who made her own dress had the reception in the village hall. The older guests were dancing and the younger ones were yapping in the small room adjoining the main one during the dancing. And by older I mean the 40 to 80+ age. Yes, the bride's Grandma might have passed 80 but she could still have fun.

But I can see only having 50 makes a disco a bit unnecessary. But if you are going into the evening you could ask if you can use your own stereo system for some dancing. Or borrow theirs and bring your own CD's.

I think you mean 51 guests as I will be gatecrashing of course. :lol:
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Mel

Post by Mel » Sun Feb 17 2013 5:37pm

blythburgh wrote:I think you mean 51 guests as I will be gatecrashing of course. :lol:
You'll have to add a few to the list of likely gatecrashers - Me,Kev,Mackem,Luke,Richard and probably a few more. :o
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 17 2013 5:40pm

I told Luke you were having various types of pies for the food so he will definitely be there. :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Luke_PieStalker

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Sun Feb 17 2013 6:43pm

blythburgh wrote:I told Luke you were having various types of pies for the food so he will definitely be there. :lol:
Definitely....but lets stay clear of the Tesco, Iceland & Findus pies for a while shall we? :shock:
Thanked by: blythburgh

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sun Feb 17 2013 7:59pm

Yes we are able to plug an ipod docking station in or stereo and play our own songs and we have the room for the night there is no hire fee which is good. Wedding breakfast is approx £20 per head plus any extras but i think they make their money on the drinks - about £4 for a glass of wine i think? Plus they charge £100 for dressing the tables and chairs for you but you have to provide the bits and pieces.

I had thought you might be gatecrashing so i have arranged for my toastmaster to re-direct you all to Expressos house just round the corner (if you climb though the side window which I will leave unlocked) you can all party long into the night and rummage though his freebies box located in the small en-suite bathroom and take what you like!! ;)

:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh:
Thanked by: Mel, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 24 2013 12:51pm

We went to Norwich last Tuesday and I found myself studying the wedding dresses in a couple of shop windows. Found some that you would look good in and one I decided would swamp our petite princess and everyone would be privately saying "pity she went for the merigue look". I am sure a tall bride would be able to carry off the dress but not my choice for our princess.

Here in Lowestoft we have a lady who not only makes but designs wedding dresses. As so many dress are designed for the bog standard 5ft 6ins having your dress made for you might be the way to go. But it is your wedding and you must decide whether it is a onesie or a meringue or something that is suitable for a princess. Just do not tell expresso the cost of having the same designer and dressmaking team as the Duchess of Cambridge. Let him find out when the bill arrives. :lol:

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sun Feb 24 2013 7:01pm

I went to a wedding fayre the other week and i found a really nice dress but its £600, not what i wanted to spend on the dress maybe if it was a church wedding i would of but it is a REALLY nice dress.

They have their own website as well

http://www.alisonburgesscouture.co.uk/B ... /Gallery_3

Go to Gallery 3, 7th row down, 3rd dress along

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 24 2013 8:33pm

Did you mean the short one or the full length one? i.e Angelina or Melissa.

And yes it is a lot of money for a one off dress but you will never ever have a day like this again. And you can always sell the dress afterwards. Not that I could bear to be parted with my dress. Who knows you could be like someone I used to know whose daughter married in the same dress.

And in some ways like the ones I looked at and thought, yes that would suit our princess.

But it is a long time yet, do not rush into things as important as the dress just yet. And when you do settle on one, keep it a secret. :lol:

I used to look forward to the Corrie wedding to see what the bride was wearing just like in a real wedding. Now of course the fronts of the magazines I never buy are covered in the wedding photos. You cannot miss them. Like when I was wondering where the Tracey/Charlie plot would end it was ruined for me by walking into a shop to be confronted by magazines at my eye level as I walked "Tracey kills Charlie". I was not walking towards the mags deliberately but you have to walk towards the wall where they are to get round the shop. In the old days leaks were frowned upon now they are done officially.

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sun Feb 24 2013 9:14pm

The melissa dress. Its ok i can show you because im not going to get that dress, but i do like the style of it. I dont think i would sell my dress even if i wouldnt wear it again. My invitations arrived last week i cant wait to give them out. I dont mind reading spoilers in the tv mags but if i had the choice id probally rather not see it. Once ive had a glimpse i cant stop reading though :lol:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 24 2013 9:36pm

I was picking out slimmer line dress for you. But if you went for a dress like that you could probably wear it again for a special night out afterwards.