Princess Raich

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
xxxraichxxx

Princess Raich

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sat Jan 12 2013 8:33pm

First name: Raich

Age; 23

Where you live: Stockport (Round the corner from Expresscappochino aka DAD)

Likes and interests; Imutual, Complaining, Winning Kevs Comps, Watching the soaps/domumentories, FACEBOOK!, Archers and lemonade, Weekend takeaways, The occasional argument, Going abroad.

Hates/Dislikes; Mites and any other type of bug, People sneezing into their hands , My job/working weekends, Animal cruelty, Touching tissue paper with dry hands, Veins/Blood/Needles, Buttons, Crumbs in the butter, Touching the toilet handle, Peanuts and Sultanas, Rain, Exercise.

Interesting fact about you; I am planning on getting married in Spring 2014! Its going to be a small wedding (not booked it yet), just in a registry office and then posh restaurant afterwards with close family and friends. Also my little toe is the size of a drawing pin and there is actually no point in it!
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Re: Princess Raich

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jan 13 2013 7:55am

It is your wedding, have the day you and your fiance want not what others want. Just remember it is not just the brides day, it is a big day for the groom as well.

I was sorry to hear on the radio that often the bride's Mum is included in all the planning but the groom's Mum is sidelined and not included in the planning. Very sad, and not a good way to get a good relationship with your Mother-in-law. I know one woman who was told that the Mother's should wear a pastel suit. She did not want to but prefered something dark. She then insisted her son tell his fiance that she should not be "bossing" everyone around. I tried to get her to see it was the brides day and she could get a cheap outfit to no avail. She did not attend the wedding and for years had no contact with her much loved son. In that case I think the Mother-in-law was wrong, she was not prepared to discuss let alone compromise.

Book and get every detail you want in writing. I choose a beautiful bunch of flowers, lilies with a lot of greenery around them. When the flowers arrived I did not take them in, so they were taken in and paid for. I was horrified to find I had a bog standard roses with a little greenery around bouquet. By this time it was far too late to do anything. When we came back off honeymoon I was going to complain but Mother-in-law had a mild heart attack and our much loved neighbour collapsed and had to be taken to hospital where she died. Too much time had passed before I felt strong enough to go and complain. Add to that I had nothing in writing as to which bouquet I had chosen. Guess the fact they got the colour right was the only blessing.

And then after a long hot dry summer, the heavens opened on the big afternoon.

But we still had a great day. And what was nice, my Aunt in law sat and talked to her estranged elder daughter. We just had place names for immediate family and let everyone else choose who to sit with. So nice Mother and daughter sat together.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sun Jan 13 2013 8:59am

xxxraichxxx wrote:Its going to be a small wedding (not booked it yet), just in a registry office and then posh restaurant afterwards with close family and friends
That's OK, we understand that you can't invite all imutual members. Kev, Mrs Y and myself will be very discreet and very much looking forward to it :twisted:

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jan 13 2013 9:01am

Promise there'll be no drunken dancin on the table, not with you being the bride :lol:
Will you be wearin white :?:
No reason :?
Politically incorrect since 69

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sun Jan 13 2013 6:15pm

We have been together just over 7 years now and have been engaged just over 4 years. I am still undecided whether to have the big white dress as im not having a church wedding but i will decide properly within a few months.

If it ends up raining on the day i will be furious and probably have a paddy as you can see on my dislikes i HATE the rain and it will ruin my hair and my photos outside.

We will either get married at a registry office at a hotel or town hall and then have pictures taken followed by wedding breakfast , and drinks and then we will book the bridal suite at the hotel and probably go on honeymoon the next day.

No need to send any boxed gifts, just some crisp notes will do ££ ;) :lol: :lol:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jan 13 2013 7:13pm

I loved the bit in the Vicar's talk about photographer's. He did one wedding, went home saw the whole of the FA cup including presentation and came back to find the guests still milling aimlessly whilst the photo's were taken. And another occasion, a very posh wedding but the photographer was in Hawaiian shirt and shorts. Kept popping up in front of the man who was filming the wedding.

Or like a wedding we went to in North Norfolk. It was February and Mutton dressed as Lamb was in a backless dress. The photographer took them off to the beach at Hunstanton whilst the rest of us sat and looked at the food. They were gone ages, seems not only had they to drive some miles but they had to walk along the beach for nearly a mile to get the right backdrop. Needless to say the bride was frozen stiff and half the guests had to leave before they got back. Our friend, the groom, refused to listen to people, rushed into marriage and found Mutton dress as Lamb was violent after the big day. Her teenage daughter said she hit her her late Dad but our friend would not believe the "teenager from hell". Marriage was over on wedding day but staggered on for a month before he did a runner.

We were lucky, a friend did part time work as a wedding photogragpher. He took our photos, not a lot but all the shots we wanted. Sadly inside the church not outside due to the rain. But...

Be in charge of the photos and do not be browbeaten by the photographer who makes more money the more he takes. :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sun Jan 13 2013 9:01pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that made me laugh.

All the photographers i am looking at online seem to do packages which include from getting ready - the ceremony - wedding breakfast- first dance e.t.c but they are between 600-1000 this seems very expensive, or have prices gone up nowadays?

Mel

Post by Mel » Sun Jan 13 2013 10:14pm

xxxraichxxx wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that made me laugh.

All the photographers i am looking at online seem to do packages which include from getting ready - the ceremony - wedding breakfast- first dance e.t.c but they are between 600-1000 this seems very expensive, or have prices gone up nowadays?
Perhaps you should just invite a few guests who have good modern cameras and get them all to take the 'official' photos. Between them (and photo-shoppping) you should get enough good shots?

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jan 13 2013 10:58pm

You can get a box of disposable cameras from Confetty give them pout to your guest and then collect them bac in
Will bee cheeper than £600
OR
Just tel xpresso to get his wallet unlocked :thumbup:
Politically incorrect since 69

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Sun Jan 13 2013 11:15pm

kevinchess1 wrote: Just tel xpresso to get his wallet unlocked :thumbup:
Pie , chips and mushy peas on a bench at the local park, washed down with dandelion & burdock :thumbup:
Then get copies of the parks CCTV pictures and get them printed
Thanked by: blythburgh, Mel, xxxraichxxx