Re: Snow

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Mar 22 2013 12:25pm

had a good 4 inches last nite, schools closed but work is open
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Mar 22 2013 12:47pm

How wonderful, parents expected to go to work but no school to take care of the children. Holidays you make arrangements for but you can't with snow.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Fri Mar 22 2013 1:56pm

blythburgh wrote:How wonderful, parents expected to go to work but no school to take care of the children. Holidays you make arrangements for but you can't with snow.
Parents can get fined for keeping their children out of school, so shouldn't they receive compensation when the school suddenly decides to close. Many may lose a days pay :x

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Fri Mar 22 2013 8:07pm

Got a TINY bit here hardly anything.. but its gail force winds! All bins in the street are blown over except for mine :D

Luke_PieStalker

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Sat Mar 23 2013 12:04am

had a good 4 inches last nite
Glad to hear those tablets Mel reccomended are working for you finally. And they said Polish Pole Pills sounded dodgy?

How wonderful, parents expected to go to work but no school to take care of the children. Holidays you make arrangements for but you can't with snow.
Don't despair, those wondferul 20% off childcare vouchers will soon be winging their way to parents.....in 2015....maybe.

1960mackem

Post by 1960mackem » Sat Mar 23 2013 10:59am

xxxraichxxx wrote:Got a TINY bit here hardly anything.. but its gail force winds! All bins in the street are blown over except for mine :D
you MITE try emptying it once in a while then :lol:
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 23 2013 12:57pm

Our bins are in a safe place but they had to be out on the street yesterday. Despite the high winds I did not see any blowing, perhaps our wheelie bins even when empty are heavy enough to stay upright.

It is horrid out there, flurries of tiny bits of snow. I went to the hairdressers and then to the bakery nearby. Then drove to the Spar to pick up my neighbour's paper and ours. When I got home and parked the car my nieighbour's door opened and Lucy, her Border Collie flew out to greet me and flew back in just as fast. Then,oh joy, there were over a dozen sparrows in her back garden, in the dogwood and the bushes. They were back at last. And I thought I saw a brown bird flying low down beside the pigeon which was also flying low across the garden and disappearing behind the garage. I was right the wretched Sparrowhawk was back, it circled around and sat on the fence. The door was opened and the dog went out to drive it away but the poor sparrows know where there is food for them but will again fear to come because of the Sparrowhawks. Sometimes it is the male but this time it was a large bird so was obviously the female. She obviously did not catch a meal this time. For which we are all grateful.

Now I am back home in the warm and the snow is coming down hard. It is like driving rain only tiny pieces of snow instead.

I was supposed to be dog walking as our neighbour has just got over a very nasty virus that kept her indoors for nearly a month. She has a weak chest so I do not want her going out in this bitter weather so I am doing the dog walking. Thankfully she insists she will play with Lucy and I am to stay indoors in the warm. I do not think Lucy will mind as she does not like the weather any more than me. :lol: Lucy hates getting wet, she walks by the sea with my husband and is entranced by the waves wash in, but like a seasoned sea walker she moves inland as each wave hits the shore. Her paws must remain dry. :lol:
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, Ric
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

xxxraichxxx

Post by xxxraichxxx » Sat Mar 23 2013 1:10pm

We always throw bread out for the birds in the winter and summer. I never really eat crusts so rather than it going to waste! Also chicken skin e.t.c (ripped up into tiny pieces so the cats dont choke) Im still debating whether to get a cat for our new house...

Mel

Post by Mel » Sat Mar 23 2013 3:11pm

xxxraichxxx wrote: Im still debating whether to get a cat for our new house...
Er.......cats eat mice not mites.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Mar 25 2013 12:30pm

Whoever came up with the term 'global warming' really needs to find a dictionary and look up the word 'warming.' :thumbdown:
Thanked by: Mel
Politically incorrect since 69