Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

richard@imutual
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Jun 23 2010 10:19am
Sharing: 2stars.png
Has thanked: 1869 times
Been thanked: 3908 times
Contact:

Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Jan 29 2013 4:18pm

The liquidator of Rpoints Limited has today sent out an email to creditors entitled "Notice of intended dividend". If you still have a claim for a lost rpoints / cashbackkings balance when rpoints limited went into liquidation back in 2010 and haven't claimed for it, you should complete a claim form and send it to F A Simms before 15th Feb

If anyone has any questions about this, strictly speaking you should contact the liquidator. But given that will just result in more charges (and hence less for creditors) I'm happy to try and answer them :thumbup:
Thanked by: blythburgh, suse

macfamily
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Nov 12 2010 8:05pm
Location: Probally on on a Q1/2/300 airplane in Norge ;)
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 49 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by macfamily » Tue Jan 29 2013 9:15pm

Hey!

I was just looking thru the progress report and on the second page, it says Bank Interest was: £894.77.

Yet, it 'Abstract Receipt & Payments' from 02/12/11 to 02/12/12 it says the total was: £4.75 total from previously reported and £0 this year with a total of: £4.75.

I do note that there is a Department Of Trade Interest, but it says that £894.77 under 'Bank Interest'

Do you mind explaining? I'm not great at this - but on such a large amount, I would expect more than £5.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Want to be a Pilot and get a BA Degree? Pretty Much Free Training Available, PM for details

Med vennlig hilsen / Kind Regards
--
Resident: Bøer Viking

jdobb
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 23 2010 10:55pm
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by jdobb » Tue Jan 29 2013 9:56pm

Okay, how about this part of the report:

"Unsecured Creditors: The Director's Statement of Affairs indicated that the unsecured creditors had claims totalling £1,042,793.12. To date, claims totalling £58,903.50 have been agreed."

Any idea what happened to the other £983,889.62 (94%) of unsecured creditors? The total of the agreed claims (preferential plus unsecured) would appear to come to less than the cash balance of the company. How did the company end up in liquidation in that case? And what happens to the remaining cash after all the agreed claims have been paid? I note that the liquidator's costs exceed the agreed claims somewhat.

JD
Thanked by: blythburgh

expressman33
Posts: 11520
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 10:36pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2847 times
Been thanked: 10394 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by expressman33 » Tue Jan 29 2013 10:26pm

probably people like me who didn't bother putting in a claim - probably only owed about £5

so if there was about another 196,777 in a similar position ;)
Thanked by: blythburgh

Luke_PieStalker
Posts: 2091
Joined: Tue Jul 06 2010 3:25pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 1382 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Wed Jan 30 2013 12:01am

expressman33 wrote:probably people like me who didn't bother putting in a claim - probably only owed about £5

so if there was about another 196,777 in a similar position ;)
Make that 196,776. Put my £1.50 in the charity box if the liquidators are reading this.
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1
Posts: 23770
Joined: Mon Jun 28 2010 11:02pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12599 times
Been thanked: 17159 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Jan 30 2013 8:19am

jdobb wrote:Okay, how about this part of the report:

"Unsecured Creditors: The Director's Statement of Affairs indicated that the unsecured creditors had claims totalling £1,042,793.12. To date, claims totalling £58,903.50 have been agreed."

Any idea what happened to the other £983,889.62 (94%) of unsecured creditors? The total of the agreed claims (preferential plus unsecured) would appear to come to less than the cash balance of the company. How did the company end up in liquidation in that case? And what happens to the remaining cash after all the agreed claims have been paid? I note that the liquidator's costs exceed the agreed claims somewhat.

JD

From what I've read the Taxman never claimed his due which is really strange But what does happen to any money left over?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Jun 23 2010 10:19am
Sharing: 2stars.png
Has thanked: 1869 times
Been thanked: 3908 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Jan 30 2013 8:37am

jdobb wrote:Any idea what happened to the other £983,889.62 (94%) of unsecured creditors?
Over half of that is HMRC. After that, most of the non-claiming creditors probably consist of individual members who either:
- Had forgotten about their accounts, even before the liquidation
- Were owed so little they haven't bothered claiming
- Didn't realise they could claim

Over 2 years ago I supplied the liquidator with a list of the email addresses of all members with outstanding balances, and I believed they emailed all of them at least once, asking them to claim
jdobb wrote:The total of the agreed claims (preferential plus unsecured) would appear to come to less than the cash balance of the company. How did the company end up in liquidation in that case?
HMRC. They alone were owed more than the company had in cash assets, and they (along with the office landlord, who ultimately issued the winding up order) refused to accept a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement proposal that I put to them on behalf of other shareholders. For a fuller account of all this, see here

My understanding is that any surplus funds go back to the original shareholders :eek: Which, although beneficial to me, would be galling, given that Wells et al would also benefit :evil: That's why I'm alerting anyone who has yet to claim to this last opportunity
Thanked by: kevenh, blythburgh

rayf
Posts: 1652
Joined: Fri Nov 12 2010 8:50pm
Has thanked: 444 times
Been thanked: 721 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by rayf » Wed Jan 30 2013 4:14pm

jdobb wrote: I note that the liquidator's costs exceed the agreed claims somewhat.
my thoughts exactly - wish I was a liquidator!! Can't we get any cashback on becoming a liquidator??
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 16458
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 7:14pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 31243 times
Been thanked: 5937 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 03 2013 10:25am

richard@imutual wrote:
HMRC. They alone were owed more than the company had in cash assets, and they (along with the office landlord, who ultimately issued the winding up order) refused to accept a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement proposal that I put to them on behalf of other shareholders. For a fuller account of all this, see here

My understanding is that any surplus funds go back to the original shareholders :eek: Which, although beneficial to me, would be galling, given that Wells et al would also benefit :evil: That's why I'm alerting anyone who has yet to claim to this last opportunity
I would like to think any money left over after the members were paid would go to HMRC.

Split over this normally, creditors are usually other businesses owed for services or goods supplied. Not getting the money can lead to them going into liquidation as well. But on the other hand the country is in a mess and needs all the money HMRC can lay its hands on. At least in this case I am happy for members and then HMRC to get what is left in the bank.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost
Posts: 11978
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 8:14pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2639 times
Been thanked: 6163 times
Contact:

Re: Rpoints Limited / F A Simms

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Feb 03 2013 10:33am

blythburgh wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:
HMRC. They alone were owed more than the company had in cash assets, and they (along with the office landlord, who ultimately issued the winding up order) refused to accept a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement proposal that I put to them on behalf of other shareholders.
I would like to think any money left over after the members were paid would go to HMRC.

Split over this normally, creditors are usually other businesses owed for services or goods supplied. Not getting the money can lead to them going into liquidation as well. But on the other hand the country is in a mess and needs all the money HMRC can lay its hands on. At least in this case I am happy for members and then HMRC to get what is left in the bank.
I wonder why HMRC did not put a claim in in the first place.
Thanked by: Kelantan

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests