Coupons at Tesco

Printable vouchers that you can use to get discounts in stores, restaurants etc
dannyluis

Coupons at Tesco

Post by dannyluis » Fri Feb 15 2013 3:00pm

My local Tesco has today refused to accept any coupons not issued directly by Tesco.Checkout operators have also been instructed to confiscate any that customers try to use.Anybody else having this problem?
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Re: Coupons at Tesco

Post by blythburgh » Fri Feb 15 2013 3:11pm

We got £5 off a £25 spend at Morrisons. I phoned Tesco and asked if I could use it and they said no. They were accepting them but that was only a Christmas special.

Pity really as that is £10 we could have used and there is often a £6 one for the Co-op in our local paper. Used to be taken, large banner outside saying so. But no longer. Big, big sigh
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Fri Feb 15 2013 3:20pm

dannyluis wrote:My local Tesco has today refused to accept any coupons not issued directly by Tesco.Checkout operators have also been instructed to confiscate any that customers try to use.Anybody else having this problem?
send an email to Tesco CEO , you will probably get a reply saying they should accept them and the staff will be retrained

if they do try and confiscate a legitimate coupon then it is theft

Email address of Chief Executive
philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=3840565
Policies

TESCO

Only accepts coupons when you buy the product.

Official NEW coupon policy communicated to all Tesco staff:

From Monday, 31 October 2011

Tesco will no longer accept coupons from other retailers (conditional spends etc).

This includes all types of coupons issued by Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Morrisons, Waitrose, Marks and Spencer, Co-op , Aldi etc, including their Spend and Save, Brand Match and Price Guarantee vouchers.

The new Tesco coupon policy is simple - Tesco will accept all Tesco and supplier /product coupons (PDFs & Safe coupons) as long as the customer has purchased the product. But that is all.

Tesco will continue to issue, and therefore accept, Tesco Price Check coupons

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Feb 15 2013 3:59pm

Yes tesco's changed their policy on this Buyt they can't keep your coupon, unless they suspect fraud
Curious really because MorrisMen will take coupons from other stores nowadays
Politically incorrect since 69

rayf

Post by rayf » Fri Feb 15 2013 4:34pm

dannyluis wrote:My local Tesco has today refused to accept any coupons not issued directly by Tesco.Checkout operators have also been instructed to confiscate any that customers try to use.Anybody else having this problem?
presumably you are talking about those issued by Sainsbury. ASDA etc and not those issued by Heinz, cadburys etc,??

dannyluis

Post by dannyluis » Fri Feb 15 2013 5:02pm

presumably you are talking about those issued by Sainsbury. ASDA etc and not those issued by Heinz, cadburys etc,??

No , these were product specific coupons , which came to me via emails from manufacturers and which I printed out at home as specified in the emails.The products in question had been purchased today in this shop.I would not try to use other supermarket coupons or coupons for which the item had not been purchased.Thanks for all your comments.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Feb 15 2013 7:44pm

It's V Strange that they don't accept them? can't be proper policy.
Politically incorrect since 69

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Feb 15 2013 7:59pm

dannyluis wrote:presumably you are talking about those issued by Sainsbury. ASDA etc and not those issued by Heinz, cadburys etc,??

No , these were product specific coupons , which came to me via emails from manufacturers and which I printed out at home as specified in the emails.The products in question had been purchased today in this shop.I would not try to use other supermarket coupons or coupons for which the item had not been purchased.Thanks for all your comments.
I used a Warburtons bread coupon in Tesco today no problem. Methinks someone is being a jobsworth. and as someone said earlier I would imagine it is theft as they are your property until accepted by the store.

rayf

Post by rayf » Fri Feb 15 2013 10:17pm

I think someone's just got confused.

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Feb 20 2013 11:06am

I sent the following email to Philip Clarke last week
Sent: 16 February 2013
09:28
To: Clarke, Philip
Subject: coupon
policy

Could you please tell me what your current policy is regarding internet coupons. It seems that certain Tesco stores have been told not only to not accept them, but also to confiscate them ,which I believe is theft

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24571

Regards
and got the following reply
Our Reference – 14312833

Dear Mr ......

Thank you for your email addressed to Philip Clarke, our Chief Executive to which I have been asked to reply.

We currently do not accept any competitor coupons in any of our stores. We do accept supplier coupons if the customer has bought the product shown on the coupon and as long as the coupon is in date and not been damaged, copied or defaced.

I trust the above has clarified our position on this matter.

Kind regards

Carol Brough
Customer Service Executive
If anyone is having difficulty with coupons at Tesco and would like a copy of the email then pm me with your email address
Thanked by: kevinchess1