Offer to ex-Rpoints/CBK members

Oggy

Re: Offer to ex-Rpoints/CBK members

Post by Oggy » Sun Mar 27 2011 1:06pm

Wahay, who's he bending?? :shock: :lol:

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Mar 27 2011 2:04pm

kevinchess1 wrote:Rich's not bean about since Thursday, probably on a long weakend benda!
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=60

Last visited: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:18 pm :|
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sun Mar 27 2011 4:56pm

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away seeing family. I did check the site with my phone yesterday and saw this post, but I wasn't able to easily type a proper response

I'm afraid I can't promise to extend this to white label sites, for a mixture of practical and principled reasons. Firstly, I'm not sure I can afford to. And while I can't totally wipe my hands of what happened with white label sites, I'd make the following observations to put this in context:

- With the white labels, Rpoints provided a service to other companies who wanted to promote cashback offers to their own customers / mailing lists. I'd suggest that the first port of call for any claims/complaints who would with those white label companies. They were, of course, let down by the failure of Rpoints Ltd and I would imagine would be treated as creditors of the company (rather than their individual members).
- In regard to technical failings with those sites in the final weeks and months, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the setting up of imutual. Rpoints always came first, but certainly it was a chaotic period exacerbated by threats and demands made of me by former directors and others (which continues to this day). I'm sure I could have done things better; but in what was a hugely stressful episode I tried my best to do right by the members.
- A neutral observer might be wondering "If someone was already a member at cashback kings (a 100% site), why were they bothering to use a white label site which carried exactly the same offers but offered half the reward levels?". I suspect I know the answer. Many such members were regular 'daily clickers' who appeared to have found out about the white label sites (perhaps on rpoints or other forums) and used them to bypass the restrictions on 'rewards per day'. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them for that and of course Rpoints Ltd gained some benefit from that activity. But I don't put their 'losses' in the same category as, say, someone who switched energy supplier and lost £40 cashback that they could have earned if they'd used another site. The 'multiple site daily clickers' suffered wasted time but it wasn't a case of choosing between doing the offer on those white labels or another site. My perception is that such people did those offers on every site going. Apologies if you don't fit into that category or don't completely agree with my analysis, but in most cases I think that's correct. They still didn't deserve to miss out on cashback, but with limited resources I have to prioritise people's losses and the extent to which I feel responsibility to them

So for the time being, the offer is for former members of rpoints/cbk (who constituted the vast majority of Rpoints Ltd) creditors. I won't totally rule out making some gesture to the white label members at some future point, but I'm unwilling and unable to do so just at the moment

I do hope people want take what is a very generous offer (unmatched by anyone else who was involved and who, IMO, bear far greater responsibility) and turn it into a negative "Why don't you do this too" type argument

You could always knock on the door of those who were the directors of Rpoints between 2007 and Jul 2010, which is when the HMRC debts built up :mad:

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Sun Mar 27 2011 5:12pm

richard@imutual wrote:- With the white labels, Rpoints provided a service to other companies who wanted to promote cashback offers to their own customers / mailing lists. I'd suggest that the first port of call for any claims/complaints who would with those white label companies. They were, of course, let down by the failure of Rpoints Ltd and I would imagine would be treated as creditors of the company (rather than their individual members).
This has clarified what I thought would be the case.

I remember the white labels T&Cs being along the lines of "this site is operated by Some Other Company Limited", rather than Rpoints Limited. Therefore I would assume that it is the responsibility of "Some Other Company" to pay the members, but they chose to outsource this to Rpoints Limited. So I would think that members are not creditors of Rpoints Limited, rather "Some Other Company" is. It would then be between the member and "Some Other Company" to decide how/when to pay the cashback.

Perhaps the liquidators could provide a list of all white labels with contact details?
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Mar 27 2011 8:17pm

Bruce wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:- Perhaps the liquidators could provide a list of all white labels with contact details?
Thanks for that Bruce as their were postings on R-Points forum after R-Points suspended Cashback payments where some of us did ask whom we should contact re White Label Sites most notably re "Shopping Tactics", only response that we got was for us to put redemption claims into the sites to which we replied that Shopping Tactics redemption screen remained faulty and as far as I am aware none of the redemption requests to the other White Label Sites were ever paid nore did contact details get provided to us on White Label sites thread.

Thanks Richard for taking the time to provide the indepth response that you have, your analysis is probably 100% correct and so would be apparent fact that me not being able to redeem via Shopping Tactics for previously stated reasons meant that someone gained "100%" from my "activities" :( As you will recall my tickets to Shopping Tactics were finally answered on the Sunday evening before R-Points Limited announced suspension of Cashback redemptions, the reply informed me that I would be paid manually by Paypal, as you will further recall that promised payment was never done despite from memory two full working elapsing before R-Points Limited announced suspension of Cashback redemptions.

I neither planned to re-visit the subject of the White Label Sites here nore do I plan to continue any conversation regarding them here I imagine both yourself and apparent loyalists that you have within I-Mutual membership will be pleased to hear. :)

Back to the O/P of which I have already expressed genuine thanks for your kind offer, can you please clarify in the event that some of us are only unable to provide screenshots of our CBK and R-Points accounts due to us not putting in claims to the Liquidator will this be accepted as a further gesture of goodwill. ( I did make contact with the Liquidator as you suggested in your follow up post and am awaiting a reply.)

So that I am not seen as some kind of a daily clicking scammer :oops: I feel minded to add that my loss at CBK was around 45.00 due to MBNA Credit Card having not tracked, subsequent non tracking claim put in as per posts on CBK forum, the sum of 45.00 went awarded on the day/day before that R-Points Limited announced suspension of Cashback redemptions. :cry: ( Cost me Credit Reference check and my inability to do the transaction via "Q" site where I have good reason to believe that it would have been paid)

My loss at R-Points was just under 20.00, transactions that were done were as done by many other members as suggested by your analysis within your last post and within the rules of CBK/R-Points. I dont believe that its fair that those no spend cashback "activities" should be retrieved at personal cost to yourself so I shall only seek to claw back my CBK loss by means/method contained in your O/P. :-P ( Before someone suggests this contradicts my posts re Shopping Tactics, Shopping Tactics situation is merely a sore point for the reasons detailed in my posts both here and previously on R-Points forum and as Moi pointed out R-Points Ltd was still trading when we sought to redeem from S.T)

Edited to reply to "I'd have to question why someone had not submitted a claim"

Basically the email addresses that are registered for CBK and R-Points I never check, I had a hse clearance last year and got rid of printer, also have been suffering from long term health problems which restrict my "activities" :roll: didnt believe anything other than a very tiny amount if anything would be retrieved and to be fair other than feeling somewhat :cry: :evil: about the CBK/MBNA 45.00 Credit Card outcome the only loss that I have been really miffled about was the one named and detailed in this post for the stated reasons which you have said couldnt have been claimed for anyway. ;)
Last edited by cccashbacklover on Mon Mar 28 2011 12:02pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thanked by: rytest, moi
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Mar 28 2011 11:16am

Good post, thanks
can you please clarify in the event that some of us are only unable to provide screenshots of our CBK and R-Points accounts due to us not putting in claims to the Liquidator will this be accepted as a further gesture of goodwill.
Strictly speaking, the offer does only apply to those who've lodged a claim with the liquidator. It's intended to compensate those who feel aggrieved at the lost cashback, and given that details regarding this process have been publicised on rpoints and cbk for several months, plus affected members were supposedly sent an email by the liquidator, I'd have to question why someone had not submitted a claim

That said, I'll try to be fair about it and treat selected cases on their merit. Note that I emailed a list of all outstanding balances to the liquidator before christmas so even if you get the response "It's too late" you might at least be able to say "This is my email address, can you confirm that I would have been able to claim £XX if I had done so in time." Worth a try

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Mar 28 2011 2:58pm

For all those who have submitted their claims to me, I have now added a pending transaction to their statements to acknowledge their claim. It will show as "RpointsLtd loss" and the order value will show the total amount of your yet-to-validated claim

If you have already generated any qualifying transactions (either pending or awarded), then a cashback amount will be shown equivalent to 20% of your transaction total

The award date shows as 31/12/2011 for the time being, though I would expect many of you to get it awarded much sooner than that

These transactions will updated automatically on a daily basis :thumbup:

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Mar 28 2011 6:01pm

richard@imutual wrote:You should have received an email from the liquidators a couple of months ago. I would urge you to contact them (not sure if it's too late to lodge a claim but worth a try) as there is likely to be a distribution of some kind to creditors.

Details can be found at http://www.fashost.co.uk/pwddocs/6292/ and the contact is cbevan AT fasimms.com
Just in case anyone is interested this is the reply that I received:

By completing the proof of debt form provided on our website, it enables you to be included in any future dividend to unsecured creditors should one become payable.

Please follow the link below, locate "R Points Limited" and use the following login details:

http://www.fashost.co.uk/pwddocs/

username: rpoints
password: p0ints ("p" the number "0" followed by "i n t s")
Thanked by: kevenh

dorisifa

Post by dorisifa » Mon Mar 28 2011 8:16pm

Cheers Richard. It was pretty sorry situation with Rpoints, which left a lot of people out of pocket and thoroughly pissed off (including yourself). Even though the issue of compensation may reopen some old wounds, I appreciate the gesture of trying to do something off your own back to make up for things that went wrong. Many of those more culpable for the demise of Rpoints walked away not giving a monkeys toss.

And given I've just lost £30 with C@shback Rewards disappearing at least it's a bit of positive news from a cashback site. And my ankle hurts.
But apart from that Mrs Lincoln how was the play?

afcbtim

Post by afcbtim » Mon Mar 28 2011 8:41pm

Very Generous offer Richard.

I lost £20 on CBK, I have registered, but I will not be claiming as it was all free cashback of the daily click kind.

We all know the risks.

Thanks again