Source Code

kevinchess1

Source Code

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 12 2011 9:31am

Ground Hog day meats Quantum leap
Coulter Stevens is havin a bad day.
How did he get on the train?
Who is this woman callin him Sean?
Why don’t he look like his mirror reflection?
Just when he thinks things can’t get worse the train blows up killin everyone.
When he wakes up again he’s in a pod talkin to Captain Goodwin
He’s told he part of a Top secret government mission and is livin the last 8 minutes of Sean’s life. He has to figure out who bombed the train so they can stop a 2nd, more deadly bomb goin off later.
If the idea of watchin some bloke doin a Miss Marple every 8 minutes seems a hard concept to grasp as entertainment then you be wrong
Not only is Coulter tryin to find a bomba his also tryin to figure out how he got there in the first place
What is this Top Secret mission his involved in and why can’t he remember anything else?
The answers to these questions aren’t really a surprise to anyone.
It’s described as an Action Thriller but once you realise he won’t die and he can’t save them it’s not really thrillin. Not even because he only has 8 minutes because they just send him bac in again
Jake Gyllenhaal is grate as the increasingly desperate man tryin to figure out wots goin on
Michelle Monaghan does a good job within a LTD part, pretty much endlessly repeating stuff, I suspect there was some C+P goin on
Best performance is Vera Farmiga as the portal through witch Coulter strides the 2 worlds
Durin the last 10 minutes you feel that the Americans have copped out and tag on a happy endin which don’t fit with the rest of the film
BUT during the V last 2 minute there’s a V good twist which sets it all up nicely for a sequel or more likely a TV series
I enjoyed this.
Thanked by: richard@imutual
Politically incorrect since 69

Beachboy

Re: Source Code

Post by Beachboy » Tue Apr 12 2011 6:10pm

Very good review! I was really glad that the out of place 'Back Slapping, Isn't America Great ' sequence was not the end.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

securetrade

Post by securetrade » Sun Apr 29 2012 6:53pm

I thought this film was fantastic although a little confusing at the end i.e. it happened but he stopped it by getting a message to an agent before it happened so it didnt happen... or did it? or was it just a dream in a dying soldiers head? ...lol

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Apr 30 2012 7:56am

I thought that he had actually manged to 'Change time' but as you say
could of all been a dream of a dying solidier

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Apr 30 2012 11:33pm

I watched this film after they mentioned it on The Office and found it pretty interesting (also preferred it to Limitless that was plugged in the same episode).

There could well be a follow-on TV series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_Cod ... ion_series
Possible television series

On January 4, 2012, it was revealed that a television series is in development to air on CBS with Mark Gordon and Steve Maeda as producers.
So whilst the film ending had several possible interpretations, there could be more to follow...

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue May 01 2012 9:55am

it does tend to lend itself more to a TV series rather than a sequel. I suspect it would end up lookin similar to Quantem Leap.

securetrade

Post by securetrade » Tue May 01 2012 10:26am

So long as is doesnt end up being all cheesy like some post-film tv series then would be worth following... the best series in my opinion to follow on from a film was Stargate - have all ten series plus to 3 films of that and its still good to go back and watch episodes every now and then.