How well we're dealing with your claims

roger

Re: How well we're dealing with your claims

Post by roger » Tue Oct 08 2013 6:00pm

Very probably, Kev. When I've got a moment I'll read through all 12 pages of it. (And, if I was an emocions user, you know which one I'd be choosing).

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Tue Oct 08 2013 10:58pm

roger wrote:The trouble with instances such as City Bingo is that typically, by the time the transaction is eventually rejected, the merchant is no longer active and one is forced to rely on memory as to what the transaction actually was. In this particular case, my recollection is that the transaction offered cash/shares for people who clicked onto their site without necessarily taking up the offer to play bingo. As for myself, I took a look and decided "no, thank you". I rather suspect that the merchant then decided not to pay out to those declining the offer. While there's an old maxim about there being no such thing as a free lunch, my recollection is that the merchant's advertising did offer just that, ie. a free lunch. Having said that, if I now pursue the matter, I'm chasing iMutual for money which it hasn't itself received (which means that, indirectly, other members would be subsidising my claim if successful) which doesn't seem altogether the right thing to do. On the other hand, if other members in similar situations (not necessarily with this merchant) do pursue their claims (meaning I then subsidise them!) then maybe I should rethink. Mind you, to get matters into perspective, we're only talking about a fiver. Has this subject been aired before?
I took up the offer and played bingo with the free cash until it ran out , but still extended

Luke_PieStalker

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Wed Oct 09 2013 12:17am

How do you check the status of claims if such a need would arise? I know Q & TCB have a ticket/claim sections which is easy to find but where is Imutuals?

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Oct 09 2013 7:22am

Luke_PieStalker wrote:How do you check the status of claims if such a need would arise? I know Q & TCB have a ticket/claim sections which is easy to find but where is Imutuals?
Drop down menu above

My account
Claims

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Oct 21 2013 5:48pm

Just an Update
That V Extended Claim has now been paid by the merchant :thumbup:
And 1 more has been resolved (REJ) :(
But I did later get an email to say they couldn't debit me card and to reapply
So maybe i will
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Bruce
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by Bruce » Sun Oct 27 2013 7:35am

I've got a Southern Railway transaction extended since February still.

cccashbacklover

City Bingo

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Oct 27 2013 6:21pm

roger wrote:The trouble with instances such as City Bingo is that typically, by the time the transaction is eventually rejected, the merchant is no longer active and one is forced to rely on memory as to what the transaction actually was. In this particular case, my recollection is that the transaction offered cash/shares for people who clicked onto their site without necessarily taking up the offer to play bingo. As for myself, I took a look and decided "no, thank you". I rather suspect that the merchant then decided not to pay out to those declining the offer. While there's an old maxim about there being no such thing as a free lunch, my recollection is that the merchant's advertising did offer just that, ie. a free lunch. Having said that, if I now pursue the matter, I'm chasing iMutual for money which it hasn't itself received (which means that, indirectly, other members would be subsidising my claim if successful) which doesn't seem altogether the right thing to do. On the other hand, if other members in similar situations (not necessarily with this merchant) do pursue their claims (meaning I then subsidise them!) then maybe I should rethink. Mind you, to get matters into perspective, we're only talking about a fiver. Has this subject been aired before?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27047&p=70949&hilit ... 745#p70949

Yes, Roger you are entirely correct on all counts, If Imutual were to start paying out on such no spend offers there would then be a moneysaving/making case for when K.C flags such offers on Imutual forum for them to be also flagged on HDUK and MSE as would be apparent free money no brainers.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Oct 27 2013 11:16pm

Come on CBL you're being a bit cheeky there.
You know, whereas as roger don't, that you can't claim for No spend offers
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Oct 28 2013 9:15am

And just had another V large claim Verified :thumbup:
Only leaves a couple of tiddlers
Thanked by: michelle@imutual

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Sun Jan 19 2014 12:49pm

expressman33 wrote:
I took up the offer and played bingo with the free cash until it ran out , but still extended
still extended :thumbdown: