How well we're dealing with your claims

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

How well we're dealing with your claims

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Oct 07 2013 10:52am

Here's our regular report on how well we're doing in getting merchants to resolve your missing/incorrect transactions
claims_20131007.gif
claims_20131007.gif (10.94 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
We do everything we can to ensure that merchants track your transactions reliably (including sometimes dropping big name merchants who prove unreliable), but occasionally, for reasons largely out of our control, one of your transactions will fail to track correctly. We then have a quick and simple claims process so you can tell us about it, and we then chase the merchant on your behalf.

It's pleasing to report that we have only 1 overdue claim (i.e. has passed its target resolution date). All but 3 of your claims submitted up to the end of July have been resolved. The overall number of claims, relative to our total transactions, remains very low.

We want imutual to be trusted to deliver reliable cashback rewards, not just promise the best rates. So we place a very high priority on how well we deal with missing/incorrect transactions, and hope in turn that this will give you the confidence to recommend us to your friends, family and other contacts. :)

And remember that, uniquely, imutual allows you the option of appealing directly to members to have a rejected claim overturned. See details of our appeals process where your claim can be put to a binding vote of your fellow members :thumbup:

Hope you'll agree that this is a pretty good performance, which should give everyone confidence to recommend imutual to others. :)

kevinchess1

Re: How well we're dealing with your claims

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Oct 07 2013 12:32pm

1 overdue claim
Wonder who that is :oops:

At this moment i have 5 claims in which i think is a record for me, 3 of those are V recent mind
one of the others does date back to May but couldn't claim for '90 days'

Apart from that V well done
Politically incorrect since 69

roger

Post by roger » Mon Oct 07 2013 2:48pm

I'm not sure that it's technically a "claim" but I've one issue which I'll mention as it may be of wider interest. I have a transaction - City Bingo - from as far back as 27 April which was marked as "extended" in July. Nothing since, as far as I can see. What's the correct means of dealing with this type of situation?
Thanked by: expressman33

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Oct 07 2013 3:13pm

roger wrote:I'm not sure that it's technically a "claim" but I've one issue which I'll mention as it may be of wider interest. I have a transaction - City Bingo - from as far back as 27 April which was marked as "extended" in July. Nothing since, as far as I can see. What's the correct means of dealing with this type of situation?
Same for me ,City Bingo £5 from April 28th

also The Hut £3.50 extended , transaction date 3/10/2012

+ 2 other extended from later this year

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Mon Oct 07 2013 4:19pm

I've got one outstanding from June but it's not showing above. :(

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Oct 07 2013 4:42pm

2 form May are me oldest.
I did mention this issue here
And Richards said
richard@imutual wrote: ...I agree that we should focus a bit more on getting extended transactions sorted. I'll see if I can pull together a regular report on "% of transactions extended". Along with appropriate flags and bells ;)

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Oct 08 2013 7:08am

I have 11 extensions :(
which out of 13,000+ trannys
isn't so bad :)

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Oct 08 2013 8:29am

Yes, extended transactions are a separate issue. It's when a transaction has tracked normally, but it didn't change to Awarded when we originally estimated it would because the retailer hasn't confirmed and paid us for the transaction. Kev is right that I have promised to start producing separate stats on the number of extended transactions - as soon as a few things are out of the way (including our annual audit), I will do so.

In the case of City Bingo, it looks like the merchant has rejected the transactions. I'll update your statements and then you'll need to submit a claim if you think the transaction shouldn't have been rejected.
Oggy wrote:I've got one outstanding from June but it's not showing above. :(
It was verified yesterday. When a claim is verified, your transaction is updated with a future award date (usually, but not always, the following day). In this case, your transaction was awarded this morning :thumbup:

roger

Post by roger » Tue Oct 08 2013 3:42pm

The trouble with instances such as City Bingo is that typically, by the time the transaction is eventually rejected, the merchant is no longer active and one is forced to rely on memory as to what the transaction actually was. In this particular case, my recollection is that the transaction offered cash/shares for people who clicked onto their site without necessarily taking up the offer to play bingo. As for myself, I took a look and decided "no, thank you". I rather suspect that the merchant then decided not to pay out to those declining the offer. While there's an old maxim about there being no such thing as a free lunch, my recollection is that the merchant's advertising did offer just that, ie. a free lunch. Having said that, if I now pursue the matter, I'm chasing iMutual for money which it hasn't itself received (which means that, indirectly, other members would be subsidising my claim if successful) which doesn't seem altogether the right thing to do. On the other hand, if other members in similar situations (not necessarily with this merchant) do pursue their claims (meaning I then subsidise them!) then maybe I should rethink. Mind you, to get matters into perspective, we're only talking about a fiver. Has this subject been aired before?

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Oct 08 2013 3:44pm

Is This what you're after :?: