Foot in mouth time

The light-hearted side of life
blythburgh

Foot in mouth time

Post by blythburgh » Sat Oct 29 2016 10:18am

We went out with our elderly neighbour and on the way back from the cafe we stopped off at Beccles so her dog could have a run. We sat on the seat whilst in the sun by the River Waveney after the dog had her exercise. And she told us her biggest faux pas.

She had been widowed relatively early so was doing some volunteer work. One day she had volunteered to accompany Normandy Veterans on a Broads boat trip (there is a local charity that has a boat adapted for the disabled including wheelchair users). She was assigned a dour man who was wearing a cap and scarf despite it not being very cold. Desperate to engage him in conversation she said "It must have been terrible landing on those beaches". He replied, "My Dad is the one who served in the war not me". Well he had the bearing of an elderly man and it was hard to see his face clearly so an understandable mistake.

Not a lot more was said on the trip but he should not have been such a miserable b*****d in the first place
Thanked by: Mel
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Re: Foot in mouth time

Post by Chadwick » Mon Oct 31 2016 10:25am

I arrived at a church to photograph a wedding and saw the groom talking to an older man who looked similar. I greeted the groom and before he had a chance to introduce the other man I said "This must be your dad".

It was the best man. And he was younger than the groom.
Thanked by: blythburgh

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Oct 31 2016 10:37am

Blythburgh , you still have to tell us all about the time you met Queen Victoria ;)
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Nov 01 2016 10:31am

expressman33 wrote:Blythburgh , you still have to tell us all about the time you met Queen Victoria ;)
Well he called himself Victoria and some would call him a queen but I certainly would not, I would call him a human being
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler