Scotish Independence

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest

Are you in favour of Independence?

You may select 1 option

View results

kevinchess1

Scotish Independence

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jan 12 2012 3:07pm

What's you opinion :?:
Thanked by: richard@imutual
Politically incorrect since 69

Mel

Re: Scotish Independence

Post by Mel » Thu Jan 12 2012 5:21pm

The scots and welsh hate England and the English despite being heavily subsidised by the English taxpayers. The sooner they are left to become the pathetic little bankrupt third world countries that they are so much the better.
Thanked by: Oggy

dmchallam

Post by dmchallam » Thu Jan 12 2012 7:26pm

I am Scottish and find the above post rather offensive! I certainly do not hate England or the English and I am against independence so please do not tar everyone with the same brush. Although with arrogant attitudes like that I can understand why some people do feel hatred and want independence!

Ealdwulf

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu Jan 12 2012 7:51pm

The majority of Scots are against it. I think it's about 35% in favour, thats why Salmond wants the referendum later because if it were held now he would lose.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Mel

Post by Mel » Thu Jan 12 2012 8:25pm

dmchallam wrote:I am Scottish and find the above post rather offensive! I certainly do not hate England or the English and I am against independence so please do not tar everyone with the same brush. Although with arrogant attitudes like that I can understand why some people do feel hatred and want independence!
Do you find it equally offensive that Scotland is heavily subsidised by English taxpayers?
Thanked by: Oggy, kevinchess1

Luke_PieStalker

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Thu Jan 12 2012 9:07pm

Its a fact. The SNPs core appeal is that they hate the English but do it in a "respectable" way. Put a suit on and talk about "empowering" Scotland and nobody challenges you. What they really mean is We hate the English - vote for us.

I just hope the Scots see sense and reject what are hopefully the views of one slimey fat oaf and a minority. Only worry is as time goes by, Mr Salmond will no doubt twist and lie and turn his campaign into "big bad Westminister" telling the Scots how to do things when infact it really is not.

It would be a disaster for the UK and scotland if they did break the union. Its about time somebody actually stood up to Salmond and told the Scottish electorate a few truths about what would realistically happen if they did go it alone.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jan 12 2012 11:04pm

dmchallam wrote:I am Scottish and find the above post rather offensive!
Then report it!
Politically incorrect since 69