"Angela Rayner has been to the Diane Abbott maths class."

Media articles about money-saving topics
Pandora

Re: "Angela Rayner has been to the Diane Abbott maths class."

Post by Pandora » Fri May 12, 2017 9:59 am

blythburgh wrote:..As always the minority of voters will find their choice is running the Govt. And nothing will change in my lifetime IMHO
As always? The Coalition government of 2010-2015 had the support of 59% of voters. I think that's a majority. At least it is on my calculator.

And the Conservatives got pretty close in 1955 with 49.7%. The way things are going they may get 'pretty close' in 2017 as well. Don't blame me. It's not my fault Labour picked an idiot as their leader.:)
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 12, 2017 10:19 am

Pandora wrote:
blythburgh wrote:..As always the minority of voters will find their choice is running the Govt. And nothing will change in my lifetime IMHO
As always? The Coalition government of 2010-2015 had the support of 59% of voters. I think that's a majority. At least it is on my calculator.

And the Conservatives got pretty close in 1955 with 49.7%. The way things are going they may get 'pretty close' in 2017 as well. Don't blame me. It's not my fault Labour picked an idiot as their leader.:)
Do not blame me either that another party picked a decent, honourable man who is the wrong choice for the leader of the main opposition party. Well the wrong man IMHO. I now leave it to those who would normally vote Labour and who might vote Labour to make their decision.

Locally in the County Council election my District Council went from 5 to 1 Labour Councillors. And I cannot help feeling that the General Election campaign pushing Brexit made many people vote on National issues rather than local ones. For example the way the Tory run County Council has cut back on social care to the most needy but the "rainy day"savings account has grown by hundreds of percent. It needed to grow due to inflation but not by the amount it has. The Labour Party were pushing that across the district but sadly Brexit seems to have won.

And I was away for part of the campaign and only did stuff from home so not up to speed at how much the parties were doing. But a friend has moved into sheltered housing. He said the 2 Labour candidates had just one helper in his ward. Admittedly a mixed ward, part what was originally a Council House estate and partly far more upmarket private housing. And it did not help that two of the District Councillors (husband and wife) for the Council House area had left the Labour Party and become Independent Councillors with the husband standing as an Independent for the County Council.

It is sad when a major party cannot get its workers out onto the street. In my ward I got leaflets from the Tories. Labour, Libdem and UKIP but only one from each party. The Greens were sensibly targetting the area they stood the best chance of winning and got one of the two targetted seats.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

William Joseph1

Post by William Joseph1 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:23 am

I am warming towards Corbyn, I doubt he will win but I have more respect for him than I did this time last month. I have voted Labour all my life. A month ago i would have said not this time. I'm slowly coming to my sensible self. Do I want another five years of Conservative government? No I don't. Not that my humble vote will make the slightest iota of difference.
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 12, 2017 10:36 am

William Joseph wrote:Not that my humble vote will make the slightest iota of difference.
Depends on your constituency of course. My late Mother in law spoke to her friend on the phone and she said "oh if you are not voting Nellie I will not either." Took her up to Nellie's in her wheelchair and when I picked her up pushed her down to the polling station and asked if she wanted to vote. She did and told me she had voted Labour as always (I did not ask of course).

Labour won the seat by one vote. Another year it was a dead heat and ended up with a pack of cards with the two main candidates choosing one each. I think Labour got the highest value card but that was a good few years ago so not 100% sure. Only time I know I affected the result of an election.

Does your vote count? If you are in a possible swing seat then it makes sense to vote for the candidate whose party is nearer to your views than the other. If you are not in a swing seat than your vote counts towards the total number of votes your party got in the election. So however you vote in one way or another your vote does count.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VOTE AND MAKE SURE YOU USE IT ON 8TH MAY. Sorry for shouting but I feel voting is so important. And I am talking to supporters of all parties and none.
Thanked by: William Joseph1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat May 13, 2017 1:16 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Derbiean wrote:
And yet some of you still think she's a better prospect than Corbyn, because you've been told so by the media.

:roll:

And your moaning about May

I think Jerrys lost his marbles, He won't get half of those things done in one parliament
Oh really? At least he has some ideas of his own and this tory government despite the cuts, the tax rises (not on the wealthy), the freezes on wages, the borrowing, the deficit HAS INCREASED. In 2010, the national debt was £979 billion. This has now risen to £1,731 billion. That is a unmitigated disaster. Add the brexit and the fact that May has antagonized the EU so much now they are even more united and determined to make the country suffer. But its okay nationalism will see us through won't it :lol:

Where has the money gone Kev? Oh thats right its still Labour's fault isn't it, don't question it and if you do you're just a moronic leftie so says the enlightened right wing press. And still you fixate on Corbyn, its pathetic.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat May 13, 2017 1:31 am

blythburgh wrote:
Derbiean wrote:At least the Labour Party are talking to the public, what is Theresa May doing apart from cosying up the rich by allowing another vote on fox hunting? And stealing ideas from Ed Miliband (energy price cap promise) which by the way the Daily Fail screamed that made Miliband a Marxist but no such comment for May, why is that? Oh right, the daily Fail is a right wing propaganda crap machine.

May is a weak and reckless leader who is also a bigot who is incapable of keeping her christian beliefs away from her work.
I have always disliked and distrusted May but I would not call her a bigot. And what is wrong with keeping your Christian beliefs away from your work? As long as you do not allow your religious beliefs to discriminate others of a different religion. I feel that many religious people (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Bhuddist etc) can bring good things to their work that are formed by their religious beliefs.

Some people of faith are anti homosexuality and abortion etc but they reflect the views of some of their constituents of various faith and some of their constituents who would call themselves agnostics or atheists. if any MP makes a decision on a free vote that I disagree with I can still respect them and applaud the fact they are prepared to make a stand against what many of the chattering classes and media believe. And at times what the majority of the country support.

I am a practicing Christian but strongly disagree with her views on fox hunting and am appalled at the way the most vulnerable in society are being targeted for cuts in their income and support services whilst cutting the amount the rich have to pay.
Blyth i made a post about the things May voted for and against in another thread, if you look over them again you'll see why i say she is one. I'm talking about her alone I am not saying all christians are bigots, if i did that would make me one and I'm engaged to a catholic (she by the way when i showed her the list she said the same thing). Of course anti homosexuality and anti abortion don't belong exclusively belong to christianity nor did i say anything like that, i don't care if somebody is a christian, muslim, jew, atheists, right wing, left wing whatever, a bigot is a bigot and if they behave like one i will call them accordingly, religious faith/political leaning holds no sway with me.

Hope that clarifies some things for you.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 am

Derbiean wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Derbiean wrote:At least the Labour Party are talking to the public, what is Theresa May doing apart from cosying up the rich by allowing another vote on fox hunting? And stealing ideas from Ed Miliband (energy price cap promise) which by the way the Daily Fail screamed that made Miliband a Marxist but no such comment for May, why is that? Oh right, the daily Fail is a right wing propaganda crap machine.

May is a weak and reckless leader who is also a bigot who is incapable of keeping her christian beliefs away from her work.
I have always disliked and distrusted May but I would not call her a bigot. And what is wrong with keeping your Christian beliefs away from your work? As long as you do not allow your religious beliefs to discriminate others of a different religion. I feel that many religious people (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Bhuddist etc) can bring good things to their work that are formed by their religious beliefs.

Some people of faith are anti homosexuality and abortion etc but they reflect the views of some of their constituents of various faith and some of their constituents who would call themselves agnostics or atheists. if any MP makes a decision on a free vote that I disagree with I can still respect them and applaud the fact they are prepared to make a stand against what many of the chattering classes and media believe. And at times what the majority of the country support.

I am a practicing Christian but strongly disagree with her views on fox hunting and am appalled at the way the most vulnerable in society are being targeted for cuts in their income and support services whilst cutting the amount the rich have to pay.
Blyth i made a post about the things May voted for and against in another thread, if you look over them again you'll see why i say she is one. I'm talking about her alone I am not saying all christians are bigots, if i did that would make me one and I'm engaged to a catholic (she by the way when i showed her the list she said the same thing). Of course anti homosexuality and anti abortion don't belong exclusively belong to christianity nor did i say anything like that, i don't care if somebody is a christian, muslim, jew, atheists, right wing, left wing whatever, a bigot is a bigot and if they behave like one i will call them accordingly, religious faith/political leaning holds no sway with me.

Hope that clarifies some things for you.
Is there any clarity in politics...?

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Boro Boy wrote: Is there any clarity in politics...?
That depends on your position.

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sat May 13, 2017 12:41 pm

blythburgh wrote:...PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VOTE AND MAKE SURE YOU USE IT ON 8TH MAY. Sorry for shouting but I feel voting is so important. And I am talking to supporters of all parties and none.
It's even more important to turn up on the right day.:)

MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR VOTE ON THE 8TH JUNE!

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Derbiean wrote:..Oh really? At least he has some ideas of his own and this tory government despite the cuts, the tax rises (not on the wealthy), the freezes on wages, the borrowing, the deficit HAS INCREASED.
No it hasn't. Don't make things up.

Derbiean wrote:....In 2010, the national debt was £979 billion. This has now risen to £1,731 billion. That is a unmitigated disaster.
Yes, Gordon Brown did turn out to be an "unmitigated disaster". We're still clearing up the mess he left.
Derbiean wrote:...Add the brexit and the fact that May has antagonized the EU so much now they are even more united and determined to make the country suffer. But its okay nationalism will see us through won't it :lol:
Isn't the Labour Party committed to Brexit.
Derbiean wrote:....Where has the money gone Kev? Oh thats right its still Labour's fault isn't it, don't question it and if you do you're just a moronic leftie so says the enlightened right wing press. And still you fixate on Corbyn, its pathetic.
I agree, posting outrageous lies such as "the deficit HAS INCREASED" is pretty pathetic.

P.S. If you want to know where the money went, ask Liam Byrne. He seems to have noticed its disappearance.:0
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... l-election