How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

richard@imutual
Posts: 4815
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 3757 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:10 am

cashbacklover wrote:Was due to this being suggested by you and others as a value of I-Mutual Shareholding ( I am saying it would/does happen anyway without the share holding factor)
Right, I understand. This is another argument as to why you think imutual shares are worthless (which you've now confirmed - thank you)
I made a suggestion to which you responded to with a completely different suggestion which I dont wish to agree to.
Yes, I know. The question is why you don't agree to it, when I've explained how it would achieve the same end result for you and not only make the process FAR easier for imutual but also benefit the charity. It was you that suggested giving up your shares and you who brought up the topic of charity; if you had good intentions in doing so, you would surely want the charity to choose the best option for them?

To make it even simpler, let's forget the bit about your future shares (though why you'd be interested in earning them when you consider them worthless is a mystery :? ) Let's just consider giving the charity the choice of receiving your existing shares (pending and awarded) OR receiving £10

I'd be interested to know why you would object to that?

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:16 am

richard@imutual wrote:[) Let's just consider giving the charity the choice of receiving your existing shares (pending and awarded) OR receiving £10

I'd be interested to know why you would object to that?

Reason is I made the charity share donation offer both current awarded/pending and future shares earnt specifically as I did not wish/do not wish for my shares to go back into I-Mutual "pot".
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual
Posts: 4815
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 3757 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:17 am

cashbacklover wrote:I did not wish/do not wish for my shares to go back into I-Mutual "pot".
What's the reason for that?

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:20 am

richard@imutual wrote:
cashbacklover wrote:I did not wish/do not wish for my shares to go back into I-Mutual "pot".
What's the reason for that?
Will try and explain later as I am very busy hence me not replying yesterday, hadnt planned for this to turn into protracted forum postings - It is my specific wish/intention that it doesnt occur even for 10.00
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

kevinchess1
Posts: 23025
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 11950 times
Been thanked: 16159 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:35 am

Probably not wise to stick my oar in between these 2 warring dinosaurs...
Never stop me before though.
In me huble opinion the shares are certainly worth less than 1 penny each.
RY valuation values Imutual at just under a £1,000,000 and I'm V Surprised that Cashbaclover dosen't live up to his name and tear |RY hand of.
As to the question of 'Market trends; surely all companys, not just casback sires, follow market trends and listed to what folk are sayin
Just common sense reely
PS Foggy's will take up your offer RY
I won't be sellin my shares yet though
Last edited by kevinchess1 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual
Posts: 4815
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 3757 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:02 pm

By all means "stick you oar in", Kev :) I get bored of just reading my own posts :twisted:

Me and cbl aren't "warring", I think we're both quite thick-skinned and don't mind an extended discussion of this nature. The time I've spent on this is nothing compared with the time I'd spend organising a rule change to accommodate transferring shares to charity, so I think it's worthwhile if I can persuade cbl to accept an easier alternative which achieves the same effect :)

kevinchess1 wrote:RY valuation values Imutual at just under a £1,000,000
cbl has declared his own "awarded" shareholding to be in excess of 10,000 shares (I'll ignore pending shares for the purpose of this discussion) - so my offer values each awarded share at 0.1p. The total currently awarded to members is 886474 so the valuation for the members' share of the company is £886.47. Taking into account the 10% of shares held by staff, it values imutual PLC at £985. As I say, I think it's worth more than that (hence why I felt able to make the offer on behalf of the company) but cbl thinks it's worth nothing. So, as you say, logically he should "bite my hand off" :?

But he seems to have some reason for not wishing the shares to go back into the pot. It's such a strong reason, that he'd prefer us to go through the time and expense of a changing (potentially) the company's mem & arts, undermine the principle of shares only being owned by active members AND deny the charity the option of taking the £10 cash now.

We shall await the explanation eagerly....
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Mel
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am
Has thanked: 2000 times
Been thanked: 1210 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by Mel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:27 pm

I can't understand what the problem is as the shares in any company are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them when the holder(s) want, or have, to sell
I regard my shares in imutual as just possible they might be worth a bit in the future. If they are worth a bit then all well and good, if not, does it matter,they were free anyway.

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Mel wrote:I can't understand what the problem is as the shares in any company are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them when the holder(s) want, or have, to sell
I regard my shares in imutual as just possible they might be worth a bit in the future. If they are worth a bit then all well and good, if not, does it matter,they were free anyway.

Yes that is true - reason value of shares has arisen is they have being constantly used on MSE as a marketing tool to try and recruit new members to the site and I was asked by R,Y what value did I put on my Shareholding - Personally I wud rather concentrate on making Cashback which is the reason I joined I-Mutual as well as all the other Cashback Sites :P
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm

[quote="kevinchess1"] we currently hav just under 3,000 members
quote]


Last major 100% Cashback Site to launch from scratch had approx 19000 members after 17 Months ish ( No shares) I am not saying high number of members is a good thing just that Richard does like stats and figures

Of course confidence in Cashback Sites hit the buffers since then after Major Networks/Affiliates/Cashback Sites went bust, that in-itself is hardly good ingredients to believe that a 100% site will get purchased in the future giving a payment/payout to member Shareholders
Thanked by: kevinchess1
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

rayf
Posts: 1627
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 pm
Has thanked: 435 times
Been thanked: 696 times
Contact:

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by rayf » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm getting lost - maybe when this is all over, someone can give a BRIEF summary of the outcome

thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests