Search found 237 matches

Return

by Constantine
Sun Jun 09 2019 6:13pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rock on Rockall......

,.... Given the current state of the Royal Navy, I guess they're in with a chance! The Royal Navy doesn't take orders from Holyrood. :) No indication of what the UK government think of all this, Perhaps they have actually read the Common Fisheries Policy? https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/cfp/fishing_...
by Constantine
Mon Jun 10 2019 7:17pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TV Licences: Up to 3.7 million over-75s to pay licence fee

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Jun 10 2019 6:00pm
Another reason to not save for a pension. Just spend all your money then claim benefits
I'm not sure there are any benefits if you get the full state pension?
by Constantine
Thu Jun 27 2019 9:50pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ALERT: How to stop companies selling your data

Most of the links are for the USA Most websites you are likely to use are also likely based on US servers... :problem: I doubt it. For example, the likes of Google and Facebook have data centres in Ireland. I can't imagine why any UK retailer or bank, for example, would want to put their severs 4,0...
by Constantine
Mon Jul 15 2019 8:52pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What a Thriller

Yes, congratulations are due to the England and Wales cricket team, captained by some Irishman with a Welsh surname. :)
by Constantine
Tue Jul 16 2019 8:11pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What a Thriller

Yes, congratulations are due to the England and Wales cricket team, captained by some Irishman with a Welsh surname. :) He does have an English mother so is half English! He played in the 2007 World Cup for Ireland. As far as cricket is concerned, three years residence in England or Wales will do, ...
by Constantine
Thu Aug 01 2019 4:28pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: stay or quit politically

The reality is in the European parliament, local elections, by-elections the remain voters have been the largest percentage over the country as a whole. That's not true for the Euros, as I believe I have already pointed out the last time you made that false claim. In the Peterborough by-election fo...
by Constantine
Wed Aug 07 2019 5:30pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Green Initiative gone completely wrong...!!!

I wouldn't worry that much about bike rental schemes, green or otherwise. They haven't exactly been a rip roaring success so far. Main reason is that the bikes get nicked. Or set on fire, whatever. See, for example; https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/feb/22/life-cycle-is-it-the-end-for-britains...
by Constantine
Fri Aug 16 2019 2:04pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Derbiean wrote:
Fri Aug 16 2019 1:25pm

In Soviet Russia Chernobyl watches you :mrgreen:
Russia hasn't been Soviet since 1991. And Chernobyl doesn't watch anything, It's buried underneath a huge containment structure. Oh yes, and Chernobyl isn't in Russia, it's in the Ukraine.

Sorry about that. :)
by Constantine
Sat Aug 17 2019 1:56pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not that surprised. Chernobyl is now a tourist destination. You can book tours. People go there to look at the ruins and the wildlife. Apparently the bears and suchlike have thrived due to the absence of humans.

I think the Earth can endure anything we throw at it.
by Constantine
Sun Aug 18 2019 5:34pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tories plan to raise the state pension age to 75 over the next 16 years

The headline is a tad misleading. The current Conservative government has no new plans at all for the SPA. The Centre for Social Justice, a conservative think tank, has produced a report recommending that the SPA be raised to 70 by 2028 and 75 by 2035. Whether or not the government will take any not...