Google Opinion Rewards

jaytee

Google Opinion Rewards

Post by jaytee » Tue Jul 25 2023 12:17pm

Have an app for Google Opinion Rewards. Simple quick survey for cash, with rewards which can be used in Play Store, although I have not worked out how!

I don't pay to buy apps or use in app purchases.

Have accumulates £22 in 6 months, but will start to drop off in December - 12 months after earning.

Does anyone know if there are other ways to redeem? PayPal or gift vouchers would be good.

Other than that, would rather donate to a charity, preferably of my choice, then let the money goes back into Googles Profits.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Richard Frost

Re: Google Opinion Rewards

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Jul 25 2023 12:41pm

I do not use this, but having had a quick look at their T&C it woud seem that these are only redeemable in Play Store

https://support.google.com/opinionrewar ... play-store

I suppose it might be possible to download something to another persons phone. But I do not know enough to be sure. Like you I never pay for apps.
Thanked by: jaytee, blythburgh

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Jul 25 2023 2:17pm

I've used this app for many years. The earnings have dropped over time from perhaps £50 in the early years to much less now. I might not reach £15 this year. I've heard that some folks are accumulating something around that much per month on an ongoing basis, but don't know how they're achieving that or whether they are keeping within the T&Cs. Actually, they might be using the receipts option, which isn't available to me!

Please be aware the Google credit expires after 12 months. It can be redeemed for movies and TV shows on Google Play as well as app purchases. Perhaps it could also be used towards subscriptions for services like YouTube Premium or Google One, however I'm not aware of ways to convert it into any types of credit for use elsewhere. Perhaps there's a dodgy app... I don't know.
Thanked by: jaytee, blythburgh

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Tue Jul 25 2023 10:20pm

Found this article online
https://support.google.com/opinionrewar ... %20account.

which says

Payments from Google Opinion Rewards are sent via PayPal to the email address you log in with when signing up for Google Opinion Rewards. If you already have a PayPal account, we encourage you to sign in to Google Opinion Rewards with an email address that is linked to your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account yet, or if your Google email is not linked to your PayPal account, once you answer a few surveys you will receive an email from PayPal with instructions for setting up a new PayPal account or adding your email address to an existing PayPal account. Find instructions on linking accounts here: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1797.

Just cannot work out how!!!

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Jul 25 2023 10:31pm

jaytee wrote:
Tue Jul 25 2023 10:20pm

which says

Payments from Google Opinion Rewards are sent via PayPal to the email address you log in with when signing up for Google Opinion Rewards.
Ah, that's a help page for an iOS app. I wasn't aware that existed (perhaps it's relatively new). It's understandable that credit for the Google Play store wouldn't be supported on iOS.

I've only been using the Android app. So going to try the iOS app now... :!:

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Wed Jul 26 2023 6:08pm

Sarah wrote:
Tue Jul 25 2023 10:31pm
jaytee wrote:
Tue Jul 25 2023 10:20pm

which says

Payments from Google Opinion Rewards are sent via PayPal to the email address you log in with when signing up for Google Opinion Rewards.
Ah, that's a help page for an iOS app. I wasn't aware that existed (perhaps it's relatively new). It's understandable that credit for the Google Play store wouldn't be supported on iOS.

I've only been using the Android app. So going to try the iOS app now... :!:
Well spotted. Bit too much to buy an iphone to claim my £20. Glad I've been of help to others though.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Jul 26 2023 7:15pm

jaytee wrote:
Wed Jul 26 2023 6:08pm
Bit too much to buy an iphone to claim my £20.
I doubt that you could; admittedly I've registered using different e-mail addresses, so can't be sure, however I wouldn't expect earnings to link between the two apps.

Incidentally, the welcome survey for the iOS app earns £0 and the minimum payout is £2.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu Aug 10 2023 4:37am

My 1st paid survey on iOS yesterday evening (Google Drive) for 8p.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Aug 25 2023 3:42am

My next survey this morning (sports) was unpaid.

Definitely not getting rich quick from this scheme! :lol:

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Sep 09 2023 6:24am

My 2nd paid survey on iOS this morning (social media) for 8p.