Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Luke_PieStalker
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Jul 06 2010 3:25pm
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 1374 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Tue May 12 2020 4:42pm

Cheers CBL
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

Sarah
Posts: 3780
Joined: Sat Jun 26 2010 10:01am
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 2910 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by Sarah » Mon May 18 2020 2:56pm

If anyone has cinema tickets through Club Lloyds Lifestyle that they can't use because of lock-down, you can give them a call on 0345 3030303 and they add them onto next year's allocation, e.g. if 4 tickets remaining this year, they can increase the next set issued at renewal to 10 tickets instead of the usual 6.
Thanked by: tonyg

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26557
Joined: Tue Sep 14 2010 8:23pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3667 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue May 19 2020 9:13am

Sarah wrote:
Mon May 18 2020 2:56pm
If anyone has cinema tickets through Club Lloyds Lifestyle that they can't use because of lock-down, you can give them a call on 0345 3030303 and they add them onto next year's allocation, e.g. if 4 tickets remaining this year, they can increase the next set issued at renewal to 10 tickets instead of the usual 6.
A dinner and cinema date for two.

I'm in.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Sarah
Posts: 3780
Joined: Sat Jun 26 2010 10:01am
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 2910 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by Sarah » Wed Jul 22 2020 9:34pm

Sarah wrote:
Tue May 05 2020 9:37am
The 123 Lite account pays cashback on bills that can more than offset the fee, so still a worthwhile option.

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/cu ... nt-account
Santander seem unable to leave their 123 customers in peace for long... they've now announced changes to 123 Lite accounts that apply from 27 October 2020. The fee will be increasing from £1 to £2 per month and they're swapping most of the 1% and 3% cashback categories, so that mobile and home phone bills, broadband and paid-for TV packages cashback drops from 3% to 1%, whilst cashback on water bills increases from 1% to become the only 3% item!

I haven't yet calculated what my new cashback earnings are likely to be, but they could be pretty close to the £2 fee, if not below, so might be dropping down to their free account quite soon.
Thanked by: expressman33

expressman33
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 10:36pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2801 times
Been thanked: 10360 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by expressman33 » Wed Jul 22 2020 10:33pm

Sarah wrote:
Wed Jul 22 2020 9:34pm
Sarah wrote:
Tue May 05 2020 9:37am
The 123 Lite account pays cashback on bills that can more than offset the fee, so still a worthwhile option.

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/cu ... nt-account
Santander seem unable to leave their 123 customers in peace for long... they've now announced changes to 123 Lite accounts that apply from 27 October 2020. The fee will be increasing from £1 to £2 per month and they're swapping most of the 1% and 3% cashback categories, so that mobile and home phone bills, broadband and paid-for TV packages cashback drops from 3% to 1%, whilst cashback on water bills increases from 1% to become the only 3% item!

I haven't yet calculated what my new cashback earnings are likely to be, but they could be pretty close to the £2 fee, if not below, so might be dropping down to their free account quite soon.
They always make it as if they are doing you a favour
Here’s why we’re making changes
Since launching this account, we’ve seen an increase in the cost of offering the features and benefits. We want to keep offering cashback, so we’ve taken this difficult decision to ensure we can keep offering customers products and services to meet their needs balanced with our need to run a sustainable business.

The account still offers you the opportunity to earn more cashback than the cost of the monthly fee as well as access to the benefits of 1I2I3 World, so we hope you can continue to benefit from it.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26557
Joined: Tue Sep 14 2010 8:23pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3667 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Jul 23 2020 7:10am

Not worth it anymore.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Luke_PieStalker
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Jul 06 2010 3:25pm
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 1374 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Thu Jul 23 2020 5:51pm

Anyone got the £5 halifax reward yet? Think mines still been £2.

parchedpeas
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 1:34pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 389 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by parchedpeas » Thu Jul 23 2020 10:53pm

Luke_PieStalker wrote:
Thu Jul 23 2020 5:51pm
Anyone got the £5 halifax reward yet? Think mines still been £2.
Yes. they made it even easier than the old DD method.

Sarah
Posts: 3780
Joined: Sat Jun 26 2010 10:01am
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 2910 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by Sarah » Fri Jul 24 2020 1:53pm

Club Lloyds and BoS Vantage (which HBoS synchronised for interest rate purposes awhile ago) dropping rates again from 1 October 2020; the new tiers become:

below £4000 - 0.6%
£4000 - £5000 - 1.5%
above £5000 - nada

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26557
Joined: Tue Sep 14 2010 8:23pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3667 times
Contact:

Re: Halifax Rewards to be scrapped

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Fri Jul 24 2020 3:13pm

Sarah wrote:
Fri Jul 24 2020 1:53pm
Club Lloyds and BoS Vantage (which HBoS synchronised for interest rate purposes awhile ago) dropping rates again from 1 October 2020; the new tiers become:

below £4000 - 0.6%
£4000 - £5000 - 1.5%
above £5000 - nada
There was once a time when you could get double digit interest in your hard earned savings.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest