Beannachtaí an tSéasúir!

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

Beannachtaí an tSéasúir!

Post by macliam » Sun Dec 24 2023 3:15pm

Beannachtaí na Nollag oraibh, a chairde.

A Happy Christmas to you all, friends. :mrgreen:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Re: Beannachtaí an tSéasúir!

Post by Chadwick » Tue Dec 26 2023 6:44pm

And I hope you had a merry Christmas too!

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Dec 26 2023 10:38pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Dec 26 2023 6:44pm
And I hope you had a merry Christmas too!
I did. Just back home. :thumbup:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Dec 27 2023 11:26am

Well on the Thursday before Christmas we had booked a slot at the dump aka recyling centre. We packed stuff into the large box we would be collapsing and putting into the cupboard section at the dump. Turn on car engine and get flat battery sound. Thankfully our local garage is nearby and Ian came and the jump leads started the engine. We drove it round and walked home, with the car brought back later that afternoon. But of course the stuff for the dump is still in the house.

When we had the double glazing put in we left out the unused back bedroom to save money. So this year we decided we got stuff done in the house as well as replacing the car which got to the point where things were breaking so best to replace with a "new" one. So I set about with the job of clearing the back bedroom. When the shed was leaking and got removed any stuff in there we wanted went into the back bedroom and it got added to over the years. Got to the point when the window people could easily move in the room so they could replace the window. Then we both upset our backs and moving was so painful. Still recovering when we got a cold, I got it far worse than DH but we both are still suffering from the after effects. A common thing according to the local FB page.

So with Christmas approaching we decided the January would be the time to contact the window installer.

Christmas morning we went to church and come home. I go into the back bedroom to get the table decoration out and check behind the curtain though not sure why. There is a hole in the window and glass on the flat roof of the bathroom. Managed to tape plastic over the hole and it has survived until today. Thankfully the wind and rain are coming from the south west and the room faces north so not had the worst of the wind since we found the hole.

Today it will be boarded up by the local firm that will then replace the window.

Been quite an eventual year for us so hoping after some rough years 2024 will be nicer to us. And hopefully for you to
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler