Queries not being looked at?

Richard Frost

Re: Queries not being looked at?

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Sep 20 2022 12:13pm

I am not asking you for anything. You suggested perhaps an emergency shareholders meeting. I am thinking there would probably be no point. Certainly I have no confidence that it would make any difference to the order of things.

It just goes to prove IMO that the site is owned by Richard and not by the shareholders in any shape or form. Shareholding in imutual is and always was just a gimmick. A shame , as in the early days I had a lot of enthusiasm for the site.

No excuse is acceptable for the amount of contempt that is being shown to those who helped build up the site. Even the direst reasons deserve a brief explanation.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Sep 20 2022 1:32pm

+1

The shareholders have very few options: essentially our only choice we can attempt to replace Richard as director. But even if we could muster sufficient votes, he would be needed as an employee because of the operational knowledge that is is in his head.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Sep 20 2022 2:51pm

pabenny wrote:
Tue Sep 20 2022 1:32pm
+1

The shareholders have very few options: essentially our only choice we can attempt to replace Richard as director. But even if we could muster sufficient votes, he would be needed as an employee because of the operational knowledge that is is in his head.
.......and which of us would have the knowledge or ability to drive the site, given the state of the cashback market and the challenges faced against a "big two" who achieve individual deals with merchants?

If Richard is not devoting the time to imutual due to the lack of reward, that is one thing...... if Richard has other issues that need his attention, that is another. If the state of site finances mean that we have essentially become a one-man band and therefore dependent completely on Richard, then again, that is something worth knowing.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Sep 20 2022 3:36pm

macliam wrote:
Tue Sep 20 2022 2:51pm
If Richard is not devoting the time to imutual due to the lack of reward, that is one thing...... if Richard has other issues that need his attention, that is another. If the state of site finances mean that we have essentially become a one-man band and therefore dependent completely on Richard, then again, that is something worth knowing.
I think we know all those things to be true - and to have been true for several years. It seems that Richard has lost the will or ability to provide even the minimum of customer service, which will only hasten the demise of IM.

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Tue Sep 20 2022 5:22pm

For those who have a few pounds in cashback waiting, I feel some sympathy. But the cashout system automated so - where things work without the need for intervention - there's no reason to think that things won't keep ticking over.

For those who have hundreds of pounds holed up in the Cashback Investment Club, I feel really terrible. I was the last one who got out (with a very small overall profit) but those who are left in it are effectively being held hostage. Weeks and months go by without any update as to what is happening to their funds, and the share price for their holdings goes ever further south. My limited support for action on behalf of those remaining was met with a mixture of apathy and hostility. The backend line of communications has broken down, with people visiting the site but not updating the members as to what is happening.

Serious "brand" damage - for the little that it is worth - is a realistic possibility. And it's all easily avoided: most of us who are still here were here from the start. Most of us who remain came here because we took Richard's side during the 'rPoints' thing. Most of us are patient and sympathetic and supportive.

I'd support a 'clear the air' shareholders meeting. At the very least, we should have an idea of what the next 6/12/18 months are going to look like: without that clarity, who would risk a large purchase at the site in the current state?
Thanked by: pabenny, Chadwick, aupt, blythburgh

Phil85

Post by Phil85 » Wed Sep 21 2022 9:21pm

I'm also wondering about those with claims pending. I have two (albeit for only about £12 total) with the status of "Investigating" but I wonder if they are actually being investigated...

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Sep 21 2022 11:11pm

Phil85 wrote:
Wed Sep 21 2022 9:21pm
I'm also wondering about those with claims pending. I have two (albeit for only about £12 total) with the status of "Investigating" but I wonder if they are actually being investigated...
Even if the merchant refused them perhaps because of the delay in the claim being dealt with. In theory they should be covered by the Cashback/Directors Guarantee. Assuming that the query is answered and dealt with.
Thanked by: aupt, blythburgh

Phil85

Post by Phil85 » Thu Oct 13 2022 10:58pm

Well one of my claims was rejected so I claimed for it under the cashback guarantee and it was paid yesterday by Sue so it looks like she is still working at least!

Also I noticed the voucher codes have returned today after a week off...

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Oct 14 2022 8:35am

Good to see that management and crew haven't entirely abandoned ship.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Oct 14 2022 9:44am

Phil85 wrote:
Thu Oct 13 2022 10:58pm
Well one of my claims was rejected so I claimed for it under the cashback guarantee and it was paid yesterday by Sue so it looks like she is still working at least!

Also I noticed the voucher codes have returned today after a week off...
Some good news amongst the doom and gloom. I have some cashback that was not paid but it is less than £3 and I cannot be bothered to put in claims and wait and wait and then have to go down the cashback guarantee route. I just do not have the heart to put in all that effort for so little
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler