re Tesco vouchers

blythburgh

re Tesco vouchers

Post by blythburgh » Wed Dec 07 2022 8:40am

This from the MSE email:

Four million Tesco Clubcard holders using Tesco's smartphone app will now get personalised coupons every two weeks, offering extra discounts and bonus points on specific purchases. The shake-up could be good news for eligible Tesco shoppers – but the supermarket giant hasn't said how much the new coupons will be worth or when the scheme might be expanded to the remaining 16 million Clubcard holders. 

If you currently get your vouchers by post, you'll still get your coupons as before – Tesco isn't making any changes for those getting Clubcard vouchers and statements by post. You'll still get personalised coupons in the post up to eight times a year (at most about every six weeks or so).

We get our vouchers by post but it must be years since we got coupons. And Tesco is our big weekly shop with top ups at corner shop, Co-op and occasionally Morrisons
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Re: re Tesco vouchers

Post by Sarah » Wed Dec 07 2022 10:23am

I installed the Tesco groceries app only last week. On the app store page it mentions instore shopping (as well as online shopping) so I hoped it would work as an alternative to the Scan As You Shop handsets, in the same way that the Sainsbury's SmartShop app does. Surprisingly, it doesn't... I couldn't find any option to shop instore using this Tesco app.

However, it does have a feature for checking product availability in a specified store, which I discovered can be useful for finding out whether or not they stock the (usually new and unknown) products that typically appear as freebies on GreenJinn and similar apps. If stocked, it also tells you the aisle number where an item can be found. So it's quite handy after all!
Thanked by: rayf, pabenny, blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Dec 07 2022 1:25pm

Thanks for the tip on the stock checker.

I installed and logged in last night. Annoyingly, when I went in store with it, it made me log in again, and then forced a password change.
Thanked by: blythburgh

loz68

Post by loz68 » Fri Dec 09 2022 10:18am

Tesco the shop that mixes dearer items amongst its cheaper items to dupe the unwitting shopper.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Dec 09 2022 12:03pm

Don't they all sigh Corner shop can be as cheap or even cheaper at times
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler