Nationwide Fairer Share Payment

Money, investing, mutuals etc
planteria

Nationwide Fairer Share Payment

Post by planteria » Fri May 19 2023 12:57pm

anyone else received this?

"Firstly, thank you for continuing to be a member who banks and who borrows or saves with us. As you know, we’re a building society, not a bank, which means we can do things a little differently. Like the Nationwide Fairer Share Payment, which allows us to share profits with our members.
We’re delighted to confirm we will be giving you £100. This is because when we last checked on 31 March you were a member eligible for the Nationwide Fairer Share Payment. You can expect to receive the money between 13 and 30 June.
"

jaytee

Re: Nationwide Fairer Share Payment

Post by jaytee » Fri May 19 2023 1:17pm

Yes. Had my email earlier today. Unexpected bonus, but thankfully received
Thanked by: blythburgh, planteria

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 19 2023 1:23pm

Members will need a qualifying current account plus either qualifying savings or a qualifying mortgage. And they would have needed to meet this criteria when we last checked on 31 March 2023.

We're contacting members who are eligible for the payment by the 26 May. If you think you're eligible but haven't heard from us, you can check.
Thanked by: planteria
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

MrsXfile

Post by MrsXfile » Fri May 19 2023 3:25pm

Yes I also had this very welcome email today.
Thanked by: planteria, blythburgh

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Fri May 19 2023 4:43pm

Got my email today! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sat May 20 2023 1:41am

The email I received was addressed to me by name, rather than a mass email to 'Dear customer' and stated in the second parargraph, as Planteria also wrote:

Your Nationwide Fairer Share Payment
We’re delighted to confirm we will be giving you £100. This is because when we last checked on 31 March you were a member eligible for the Nationwide Fairer Share Payment. You can expect to receive the money between 13 and 30 June.

Have checked ans I did hold current and savings accounts, that were both in use in the required ways at 31 March 2023.

Think it's safe to say the money will be landing in my account sometime in the next 3-6 weeks. :thumbup:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat May 20 2023 5:20am

No e-mail here; never even heard of this bonus before. I do have the required Nationwide accounts, but it looks like they weren't sufficiently active during the qualifying period.
Who's eligible for the £100 Nationwide payment?

Firstly: You must have a Nationwide current account

Your account must have been open on 31 March 2023.

Secondly: You must have used your current account earlier this year

The exact criteria depends on which current account you have:

- FlexAccount, FlexBasic or FlexDirect: In two of the three months of January, February and March 2023, you must have received at least £500 into the account (excluding transfers in from other Nationwide accounts). Plus, you must have made at least two payments out of the account each month, in two of those three months. These requirements do not apply if you completed a switch into the account using the official switch service between 1 January and 31 March 2023.

- FlexPlus: You must have paid, and continue to pay, the monthly account fee.

- FlexOne, FlexStudent or FlexGraduate: You must have received at least one payment in or made one payment out of your account during March 2023.

Thirdly: You must ALSO have had savings OR a mortgage with Nationwide in March 2023

Savings: You must have held at least £100 in one or more Nationwide personal savings account(s) or cash ISA(s) at the end of any day in March 2023.

OR

Mortgage: You must have owed at least £100 on a Nationwide residential mortgage on 31 March 2023.

If you've withdrawn your savings or paid off your mortgage since the end of March, you'll still qualify provided your current account remains open.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... customers/
Thanked by: blythburgh

planteria

Post by planteria » Sat May 20 2023 10:51pm

jaytee wrote:
Sat May 20 2023 1:41am
The email I received was addressed to me by name
so was mine.
Thanked by: jaytee, blythburgh

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Mon May 22 2023 4:33pm

Now received letter today from Nationwide to confirm giving me £100. ( Already had email on Friday).
Thanked by: planteria, blythburgh, jaytee

poland71

Post by poland71 » Thu May 25 2023 3:10pm

Not the most Mutual of carve-ups.
16 Million members and an estimated 4 Million only to receive the £100 Fairer Share payment, doesn't seem very MUTUAL to me.
Had it been the other way around and only 25% didn't receive, that would be the majority getting something and altogether fairer.
As it stands at the moment their criteria for payment needs to be reviewed so that more MEMBERS (that's the key word here) benefit and the public at large can see the benefits of Mutality.
Very poorly thought out NW. Not really giving an incentive to be with you is it?