This from our Assembly Correspondent.........

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
macliam

This from our Assembly Correspondent.........

Post by macliam » Mon Feb 12 2024 5:13am

After the recent re-opening of the NI Assembly after being held hostage by the DUP for 2 years, some dinosaur took to "X" to ask whether there is no dress code for the Assembly.

The reason for this was that a young SDLP MLA, Cara Hunter, wore a sleeveless and "low cut" dress for the opening... Shock! Horror! Showing her bare arms!!!!

The MLA hit back, saying (............wait for it!) that she has a constitutional right to bare arms :mrgreen:

Good, but not worth waiting 2 years for...
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Re: This from our Assembly Correspondent.........

Post by blythburgh » Mon Feb 12 2024 9:22am

I am sure such comments on X will be a source of comfort to those who are waiting for an op that could be done far faster but for the two year hiatus in Government
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Feb 12 2024 9:24am

Would love to see photo and what is considered low cut. Bet it is not low cut compared to red carpet celebs dresses
Thanked by: macliam
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Feb 12 2024 6:16pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Feb 12 2024 9:24am
Would love to see photo and what is considered low cut. Bet it is not low cut compared to red carpet celebs dresses
I'm sure the fact that "bare arms" were criticised would also suggest that anything less than an Edwardian high-neck would be deemed acceptable. No mention of her ankles though - perhaps they were obscured by the seating!
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me